Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Since current prez is a racist/misogynist I wonder how many women and people of color voted for him? Whatcha think? A bigly bunch?

Since current prez is a racist/misogynist I wonder how many women and people of color voted for him? Whatcha think? A bigly bunch?

Posted - October 1, 2017

Responses

• I find it weird how he was famous and in the public light for years and was never accused of being racist or sexist until he ran for president. I don’t like the guy, but you leftists always resort to calling anyone not left leaning a bigot, racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. People like you will never learn why Hillary lost. 8+ years of demonizing anyone centrist and right leaning harmed the democrats. Identity politics are all you leftists have. 
      October 1, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

As not being bigoted, racist, sexist, or homophobic are left wing attitudes, and the right wing is typically the reverse (see Adolf Hitler), then what do you expect? Of course, one can be right wing without being bigoted, and the left wing are perfectly capable of bigotry. Indeed, the UK Labour party is institutionally anti-semitic, and it is probably worse, since they are in complete denial about their own evident bigotry. "I'm left wing, and everyone knows the left aren't bigots, so I can't be one, even though I spit on Jews in the street and call them filthy Jews and Zionists, and accuse them of occupying Palestine, even though they are over here, and nowhere near the place." The Labour Friends of Palestine group tweeted "our solution is the final solution," and then apologised for a poor choice of words. You couldn't make it up!
      October 2, 2017 9:54 AM MDT

You tell 'em, kiddo. 

I KNOW you don't make anything UP and thanks for this information, HarryD.
      October 2, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

There was a fringe meeting at the Labour party conference last week that discussed whether the holocaust happened, and the Labour Friends of Palestine group tweeted "our solution is the final solution." Then they apologised for a poor choice of wording. It's unbelievable!
      October 6, 2017 9:40 AM MDT

You didn't seriously just equate the entire right wing with Hitler, did you?
      October 2, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

Re-read it. I didn't. The first sentence did seem to suggest that, but if you read the whole thing, it's a long way off that.
      October 6, 2017 9:18 AM MDT

• Your moronic comments aren’t even close to deserving a logical response. Anyone who bills Hitler as right leaning is ignorant. 
      October 2, 2017 12:45 PM MDT

There was a lot more criticism of the left than the right in that comment, so I would respectfully suggest that if all you, or anyone else, got from it was that I likened the right wing to Hitler you didn't even read beyond the first sentence. And of course Hitler was right leaning. Do you know what the phrase means?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics
    The right are such a bunch of cry-babies, wetting their collective nappies every time they see anything that looks like criticism of their side of politics. I'm probably wasting my time. Read the whole of my previous post. Then you and Salt apologise for completely misrepresenting that comment.
      October 6, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

Speaking of being a "world class" bigot . . . what do you think your comparison of others to Hitler is?
      October 2, 2017 3:23 PM MDT

I’m guessing you’re not from the New York area or you’d know he’s been accused of being racist and sexist for years. Try being an African American who wanted an apartment in a Trump owned property back in the 70s and 80s. Building managers were literally told to mark their applications with a “c” (for “colored”) and lose it in a drawer. 
      October 2, 2017 12:13 PM MDT

Wait a minute. There's a "BIGLY" difference between being accused of something and actually being guilty of that "something". Where is the proof that that actually happened with Trump's even knowing about it, let alone approving of it if it happened at all?
      October 2, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

It’s well documented what Trump and his daddy did. Just google it dear. I’m not playing the “provide the proof” game with you. I’ll leave that for you to play with everyone else on the site.  :-)
      October 2, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

And that would be because you have no proof. You would state otherwise if you did sweetie-pie. All those "articles" that you refer to start out in the vein of "well, someone said".

Nice try though . . . 
      October 2, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Whatever you say dear. Now go play with someone who gives a crap about your opinion.  
      October 2, 2017 4:48 PM MDT

She's right.  Everyone from New York who was paying attention,  knows his history.  It's well documented.  However, I'll help you out.  No need to thank me. I'm nice that way.  Here's just one article of many:

https://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/
      October 2, 2017 5:14 PM MDT

Oh, come on. What a load of horse hockey.

So Trump referred to some judge as a "Mexican"? That was an accurate statement. So unless there's something terrible about being from Mexico it's not a racist statement. Should I be offended when I'm referred to as being of German, or Irish, or Irish/German/Italian heritage? How about when they say that I'm Heinz 57 (which is probably more accurate.)

The second point referees to hearsay about Trump's FATHER, not the Donald. And to say that the organization's hiring of one New York attorney intimidated the little old US Department of Justice . . . oh, come on. Just how stupid do you think that sounds. Justice has fricasseed the likes of Ma Bell (AT&T), Standard Oil and Microsoft. To imply that one little New York real estate developer could bring them to their knees is just stupid. Oh, and if someone inside government was watching out for the Trump organization while Nixon was President that would have evaporated when Tricky Dick left office and Justice would have gone after Trump with a vengeance, just like they did to Eaton Broadcasting right after LBJ left office. But nothing like that happened.

The rest of the stuff in that article is true and as such has no racial overtones. (Sorry, but when qualified candidates are considered for a job opening it will still be the minority that's hired over the white male, just the way it is. 

And given that the article that you refer to was in the real estate section of Fortune I'm inclined to think it was bought and paid for by a rival real estate developer and was not an objective analysis. 
      October 2, 2017 7:42 PM MDT

Hey, That's actually good advice for you sweet-cheeks. I can't think of a soul that gives a good healthy one about your opinion.
      October 2, 2017 7:19 PM MDT

probably lots of them
      October 1, 2017 3:34 PM MDT

Stop spreading fake news.
      October 1, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

I know right? ;)
      October 2, 2017 9:57 AM MDT

• "People of color" how much more degrading can it get? Talk about an elitist attitude.
      October 1, 2017 8:28 PM MDT

You could've looked this up yourself, but he got 29% of the Latino vote and 8% of the African-American vote, compared to 27% and 6% for Mitt Romney in 2012.

Also, 53% of white women, 46% of college-educated white women, and 42% of all women voted for him. Does that make him sexist?
    This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at October 2, 2017 7:45 PM MDT
      October 2, 2017 3:40 PM MDT

• Only in liberals’ eyes. Anyone not a  democrat is a bigot in their eyes. They can’t  ever provide logical facts, just call their opposition names. I’m an independent, but I really despise the left.
      October 2, 2017 7:47 PM MDT

I'm right there with you. I've always been a Democrat and I voted for Hillary. But folks like Rosie have lost their minds over President Trump, and it's become old and really tiresome, especially the way she watches MSNBC and robotically posts 82 questions a day based on every little thing she hears on there.
      October 2, 2017 9:08 PM MDT