Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Do you own a van?

Do you own a van?

~

Posted - October 3, 2017

Responses

• "Not presently."  I have owned a 1971 Dodge utility van and a 1990 Ford van conversion.
      October 3, 2017 5:28 AM MDT

I once had a 1994 Dodge Caravan, but sold it to my brother 12 years ago.
      October 3, 2017 7:33 AM MDT

once had a classic VW van
    lotsa windows all around
    ...just a truck now.
      October 3, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

Yes, I have a Chevy Express 1500.  It's great for hauling furniture and construction materials and debris.  You can also put a bed in the back and camp in it without having to worry about bears, mountain lions, wolves etc.  Why do you ask?
      October 3, 2017 6:28 PM MDT

So True CallMeIshmael :)  When my husband first moved out of the house at 17 and on his own, he lived in his van with his dog.  He moved up North.  It was freezing.  Brrrrr.  By the time he got to nowhere, he only had about 5 bucks and his loyal dog.  He took his 5 dollars, bought 2 dollars worth of gas to keep the van running in the night on and off for heat, 75 cents for dog food which he split with his dog and slept in his van for the first week.   Luckily he was able to find a job framing houses 2 days later, asked for a front on his pay and the rest is history of the path his life has taken.  Had it not been for that van, he and Lazar, his dog, may not of been able to pull it through.  :)  Great Answer CallMeIshmael!!
      October 4, 2017 9:18 AM MDT

No. There are rules that pertain to owning a van.
    1. Never let your daughter go out with a guy who drives one on the first date
    2.  Never climb into a van when stranded on the side of the road
    3.  Guys know we know the unwritten law of some vans and boys
    4.  They are hard to see around when driving behind them
      October 4, 2017 9:20 AM MDT