Active Now

Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » You see a hand reaching out toward you. Do you assume it is there to help or swat/smack/slap? Why?

You see a hand reaching out toward you. Do you assume it is there to help or swat/smack/slap? Why?

Posted - October 3, 2017

Responses

hopefully its there to help
      October 3, 2017 4:56 PM MDT

One time I had a frightening dream that hands were coming out of the wall and pulling at my hair. I began to wake up and realized something really was pulling my hair so I freaked out and smacked it. It was just my little desk fan that my hair had somehow gotten caught in. Anyway, I guess it would depend on the hand's gesture. If it looks all creepy and grabby, I would be afraid of it.
      October 3, 2017 6:51 PM MDT

Wow! You had very long hair then?  That would be very scary. Thank you for your reply Patch!  I trust your fans are kept far away from your head these days! :)
      October 4, 2017 3:08 AM MDT

That was back when my hair was wild and out of control. I keep it short now, no more fans pulling my hair and traumatizing me.
      October 4, 2017 6:41 AM MDT

In the movies or TV shows I've seen scenes where a guy got his necktie caught in something and his head was pulled down by it. That was bad enough. But your hair? Geez that would be even worse. Glad you woke up before you were bald! Thank you for your reply Patch! :)
      October 4, 2017 6:45 AM MDT