Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Televangelist Pat Robertson blames the Las Vegas massacre on the disrespect folks have for Trump. Do you? Because?

Televangelist Pat Robertson blames the Las Vegas massacre on the disrespect folks have for Trump. Do you? Because?

Posted - October 4, 2017

Responses

Pat Robertson is a complete crackpot but at least he is giving the gays a break this time.
      October 4, 2017 2:50 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahaha! That's pretty funnee hunnee. Also very true. Usually he attacks the LGBTQ folks. Different strokes! Thank you for your reply mom and Happy Wednesday m'dear! :)
      October 4, 2017 2:52 AM MDT

Pat Robertson is famous for blaming everything on people he dislike.
      October 4, 2017 2:54 AM MDT

Is there anyone he does like and perhaps just as important, is there anyone who likes him?
      October 4, 2017 3:39 AM MDT

There must be. He make his living getting people to send money to his charitable causes.
      October 4, 2017 6:11 AM MDT

Ahhhh but is that because they like him or is it through fear, are they trying to buy a ticket out the eternal damnation that he threatens them with?????
      October 4, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

Hadn't heard that. Do you have a link?

But it wouldn't surprise me, must be some cash contribution angle to him saying that. He's bat guano crazy anyhow so what else would anyone expect from him? 
      October 4, 2017 11:43 AM MDT

Sorry,  I think i remember an anouncement from him about 'his' charity's hospital ship being ready and close to Pakistan in the run-up to Iraq 2, but searching now I can find no connection between Pat Robertson and any hospital ship.
    So for now all I have is rumor-level :(

I did find some juicy rumors though about another charity of his (in Africa) being used for transporting supplies for diamond mining he was also involved in in the same African country. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at October 4, 2017 4:25 PM MDT
      October 4, 2017 4:20 PM MDT

Actually he was addressing the behavior of society:

“Violence in the streets, ladies and gentlemen. Why is it happening?” Robertson asked rhetorically.

“You know what I’d like to give you is,” he explained, “the fact that we have disrespect for authority. There is profound disrespect of our president, all across this nation they say terrible things about him. It’s in the news, it’s in other places.

“There is disrespect now for our national anthem,” he continued, “disrespect for our veterans, disrespect for the institutions of our government, disrespect for the court system. All the way up and down the line, disrespect.

“And when you lose that kind of respect, you lose authority,” he added. “But more than anything, until there is biblical authority, there has to be some controlling authority in our society, and there is none.

“And when there is no vision of God, the people say, there’s no vision of God,” he concluded, “the people run amok.”

October 4, 2017 4:58 PM MDT