Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » Do you still have cable? Or have you cut the cord?

Do you still have cable? Or have you cut the cord?

I needed to upgrade my old LG phone I bought through Tracfone.  It was a terrible phone.  I had avoided contracts for years but, in addition to that crappy a$$ed cell phone, I've been a slave to Comcast/Xfinity and their ever increasing bills.  Triple play, phone/internet/tv, charges were completely out of control.  So, I did my research and decided to go to the Verizon store.  I am currently caught between the two systems but within the next week, I hope to completely cut that cable cord and get everything through wi-fi.  I will have higher quality and current products at a cost that is less than I am paying for an outdated system.

How do you get your TV, Phone, and Internet service?  What kind of cell phone do you have?

Just want to give a shout out to my friend Ship_Wrecked for recommending the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.  It's a freaking awesome phone!  So, if you see him around, please give him a warm welcome.  I've talked him into joining AM and I hope you guys don't embarrass me and make me regret it!  ;-) 

Posted - October 5, 2017

Responses

Thanks CP.  This whole thing has been a nightmare for me.  I need to keep my landline for a little while and Verizon wireless isn't working properly. So, my landline has been out of commission for a week.  Thankfully, the new cell phone is working in the house.  I may have to keep the landline on Comcast for another month or two until I'm sure everyone has my cell number.  AND, the internet service through Verizon wireless, sucks.  I may have to keep the Xfinity internet service.  I need to sort this all out within the next day or so.
      October 10, 2017 7:05 PM MDT

Wow, that just gave me a giant headache.
      October 10, 2017 7:06 PM MDT

Quit looking in the mirror,
      October 10, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

October 10, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

Image result for gifs of cute animals
      October 10, 2017 8:05 PM MDT

October 10, 2017 8:07 PM MDT

October 10, 2017 8:09 PM MDT

October 10, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

October 10, 2017 8:15 PM MDT

I have cable and unlimited internet. I pay $200 for those. We use about 300g of data per month. So have to have unlimited.
    I have Vonage for home phone....it is only $20 a month. I was gonna cancel for a lower rate and they just matched so I kept them.
    Cell phone is Samsung Galaxy Perx7 through Virgin Mobile. $37 for unlimited everything.  No contract....I will never do a contract again. Verizon messed me over years ago.
    Husband has an old flip phone with camera...also Virgin Mobile $30 month. A smart would never make the day with him, he would crush it. And he would not use it anyway. He only uses as a phone and camera, and will respond with "K" to text to show he see it.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 10, 2017 8:35 PM MDT
      October 10, 2017 8:21 PM MDT