Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » RIDICULOUS DEPT: McDonald's is testing a Vegan burger in Finland. I mean we have been ready to eat this for 30 years now. What is so

RIDICULOUS DEPT: McDonald's is testing a Vegan burger in Finland. I mean we have been ready to eat this for 30 years now. What is so

On Thursday, news broke that rocked the fast-food landscape: McDonald's is testing a vegan burger.

The test is a small one. The "McVegan" will only be sold at McDonald's in Tampere, Finland, Today reported. And, the burger will only be on sale from October 4 through November 21.

However, even a limited vegan test from the fast-food giant is earth-shattering news for fans of both plant-based food and fast food.

Some people in Finland have already taken McDonald's up on its vegan offer — and posted photos on social media.

So far, early reviews seem pretty positive.

Posted - October 10, 2017

Responses

eh... Do you remember when Colgate served TV dinners? It was a huge flop... not because the food was bad, but because people associated it with minty freshness and spitting. lol That's what this will be like. McDonald's is a brand we associate with cheap unhealthy food. Even those of us who eat it from time to time still think it's cheap and unhealthy. McDonald's is to vegans what a cross or holy water is to a vampire. The vegan burger will never take off here. It doesn't matter if it tastes good. The brand identity is such that the population won't take to it. I don't know how they've branded themselves elsewhere, and that may be why Finland works, but it isn't going to happen here. I seem to recall the company doing upscale wine joints in other countries, launching coffee bars and internet cafes and such. In markets where they've done that, the vegan burger may take off. 
      October 10, 2017 11:59 AM MDT

Thier hamburger are so nasty that even a vegan burger has to taste better. I haven't eaten there in many years and I am NOT a vegan.
      October 10, 2017 12:57 PM MDT

I like a Quarter Pounder every once in a while. Plain, no condiments. 
      October 10, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

October 10, 2017 5:41 PM MDT

Ew what vegan would even eat at McDonald's? I don't even know why anyone would eat there. One time I got a hamburger that smelled like ammonia or something so I just ended up throwing it away. I didn't even want to give it to my dog because it smelled lethal..
      October 10, 2017 7:05 PM MDT