Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Many famous celebs talk about ordinary people "coming up" to them in public places; have you ever approached one?

Many famous celebs talk about ordinary people "coming up" to them in public places; have you ever approached one?

I find even minor celebrities quite invisible, except rarely at some airport. 

Posted - October 11, 2017

Responses

I can't even recognize most celebrities. I'm kind of dumb when it comes to pop culture and recognizing faces..
      October 11, 2017 8:20 PM MDT

I have never approached a celebrity; why would I?  Once when staying in a hotel in the extreme North of California a famous movie actor was in the room next to ours.  I never let it show that I even recognized him, but he did help me with a bag.  He was in a beat-up Range Rover just being a regular person.  
      October 11, 2017 9:11 PM MDT

I was at a gas station when Mac Davis asked me directions to a local club.

Janine Turner and I were standing at a counter in a mall one time.  Small counter and she and I were he only ones here---it would have been impolite to ignore her.

One or two others....
      October 11, 2017 10:18 PM MDT

Nope, never.  I don't want to be one of those people, the kind who bug celebrities. I put myself in their position and imagine how much I'd detest being bothered like that. Besides, I'm not the type of person who's fascinated by so-called "fame". 

~
      October 12, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

No , but Jerry Garcia of the Greatefull Dead spent a week at our house when I was 7, while he looked for a new house to buy. 
      October 12, 2017 8:19 AM MDT