Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Nature 'knows' how to make many different useful materials; can also know how to build complex structure to enable life to begin?

Nature 'knows' how to make many different useful materials; can also know how to build complex structure to enable life to begin?

No need for divine assistance from a Creator/Intelligent Designer. 

Posted - October 12, 2017

Responses

I don't think it really "knows" it just does stuff that happens to make cool things and I don't think there's a God to help it along unless we're actually just some lab experiment and God is really just some scientist dude looking in a petri dish or something.
      October 12, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

I think some form of consciousness exists in nature that can enable rright elements come together depending on conditions -for whatever nature is able to achieve to serve some purpose. Complex structures are not built by accident or by chance or require divine assistance. 
      October 12, 2017 4:04 PM MDT

• Not sure if "know" is the right word, unless you give it a different definition.

Given the laws of physics, the size of the universe, and the number of places where the optimum materials and conditions for life manifest, it is 100% inevitable that the right atoms collide to form billions of molecules of DNA, and that from these uncountable forms of life evolve.

Although some would call this chance, the reality is that it cannot not happen.
      October 12, 2017 7:49 PM MDT