Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Did you know that mosquitos don't like the fragrance emitted from cloves?

Did you know that mosquitos don't like the fragrance emitted from cloves?

They also don't like camphor or eucalyptus oil or lilac oil I read. We had a problem with them during this past summer and I put some whole cloves in a  pot of cold tap water and brought it to a simmer. It worked like MAGIC. I made sure to replenish the water often so the pot didn't burn. It gives off a pleasant aroma if you like cloves. What method do YOU use to keep mosquitos at bay out of your house?

Posted - October 14, 2017

Responses

This town does not have a problem with mosquitoes because a lot of people grow mesquite trees. Outside of town can be a problem. The problem here is ants. There are maybe ten species of ants around my house. They last a week or less and then go back to sleep, so I have ten weeks of infestation by different species of ants. I learned that mint repels them, so now every time I go shopping I check for mint extract. Last week I scored ten bottles at clearance price. Life is good.
      October 14, 2017 6:52 AM MDT