Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is the perceptiion of truth the same for everyone everywhere? Of course not. It is filtered by everyone. Isn't it?

Is the perceptiion of truth the same for everyone everywhere? Of course not. It is filtered by everyone. Isn't it?

The filters are intellect/emotional stability/experience/comprehension/prejudice/education/surrounding mores/brainwashing. What we bring in terms of our intellect, character, ability to think critically is different. Different snowflakes, different humans. Truth becomes what we say it is based on whom we are. SIGH.

Posted - October 14, 2017

Responses

Now more than ever before, with actual video footage being tossed aside in favor of "alternative facts".

Happy Saturday!
      October 14, 2017 7:57 AM MDT

You know SA I think Kelly Anne Conway (sp?) will be remembered for that if nothing else. When asked about obvious lies she came up with the "alternative facts" defense. I don't know if it was pre-planned or ad lib but it is and always will be memorable. Every time I hear it I think of her and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 15, 2017 2:39 AM MDT