Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Language » According to the dictionary PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE is a personality disorder. Those who pout, are stubborn or procrastinate are PA. Seriously?

According to the dictionary PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE is a personality disorder. Those who pout, are stubborn or procrastinate are PA. Seriously?

So EVERY procrastinator/pouter/stubborn person has a personality disorder and we label them PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE? I dunno. I think you can be lazy and put things off  that you don't want to do. PERIOD. I think you can NOT WANT TO BE FORCED to do what you don't want to do and simply refuse. PERIOD. I think you can be let down/disappointed and pout short-term. Period. What do YOU think and why?

Posted - October 15, 2017

Responses

To the best of my knowledge, 'passive-aggressive' is no longer considered a diagnosis. Not every behavior that you describe is considered passive-aggressive either.  There are many ways to avoid doing something you don't want to do, and being passive-aggressive is one of them. It is a behavior that some find easier than speaking up.
      October 15, 2017 6:38 AM MDT