Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you think Marina Joyce (YouTuber) is in danger?

Do you think Marina Joyce (YouTuber) is in danger?

The audience points out a hand that is looking at a script at 8 seconds in the video and someone directing her where to go at 13 seconds in. There's also a part where you can see bruises on the back of her arms and neck, and somewhere in the video a faint 'help me' is heard. Some viewers are even asking if there are bars on her window. Allegedly the audience has noticed a change in her behavior on camera over the past 6 months and seems to think she is either on something or being directed to act/speak in a certain way, and possibly both. What do you think is going on? Do you think she is being controlled, drugged, or that they are all just morbid coincidences? Watch her latest video that was uploaded 4 days ago and watch closely. Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqhFUbtpiB4

Posted - July 26, 2016

Responses

No. Apparently this is a big deal for a certain group of people though. I've never actually heard of her, or seen any of her videos until now. But following your link & looking at other things she's posted, it seems that like others who live for "likes" from a fickle and often weird group of webfans, she's feeling a little strain. In fact she's evidently fully aware of all the rumors and concerns, and has pretty much told people to knock it off : https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Aba-514BKxo Unfortunately though, none of this is likely to matter to anyone who wants to believe the worst.
      July 26, 2016 8:32 PM MDT

I'm not sure what to think. I watched the majority of her videos today and watched what other YouTubers had to say, and certain things seem so strange. The more I watched some of the videos, I started to see that there really is a change in her behavior. There is a possibility that she herself is on drugs, but its starting to seem like she is being controlled by someone. I'm watching a live stream right now because Marina made a video about wanting to do a meetup, but people are warning others not to go because since there's been so much drama surrounding this, there's the chance that it could be potentially dangerous for others. I feel like if this girl was really okay, she would address everyone's concerns. She has completely remained silent about the issue and hasn't been heard from really in 4 days. It's gotten to the point that complete strangers are going to the police about it right now. It's crazy. I honestly think that if she is okay, this is an elaborate hoax that has convinced a lot of people. Stuff like this has happened to YouTubers more than people think. It's just not talked about a lot. Some have even been murdered. I think ever since the Christina Grimmie thing happened, people are taking things a bit more seriously. I watched a video of a guy breaking down the consistency of weird events that have been going on in Marina's content and it blew my mind a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXWZiHZjol8

July 26, 2016 9:31 PM MDT

From what, your warm cuddles?

July 26, 2016 10:17 PM MDT

I get the impression that she's in a bad situation, but not necessarily an abusive/controlling one.

July 27, 2016 12:10 AM MDT

What kind of situation are you thinking she's in?

July 27, 2016 12:28 AM MDT

I'm not sure, I really don't have a lot to go on. She could just be going through a really rough patch in her life and possibly be struggling with depression, or she could be dealing with substance abuse like some people have suggested. Maybe she is in an abusive relationship. We all only see what gets posted online, outside of that we know nothing. The possible scenarios are endless when you consider all the angles you could look at this from.

July 27, 2016 12:36 AM MDT

There are so many angles of this weird situation. I feel like at the very least, she isn't mentally stable at this time and/or she has turned to drugs. Twitter is blowing up with new allegations every 5 minutes. Someone posted a picture of her dresser that was visible in one of her videos to capture a bottle of what looks to be medicine and compared it to a bottle of Chloroform. Someone else took a snap shot of a list of her videos and spelled out the word 'HELP' from 4 different body poses in the thumbnails. It's crazy how these ideas and accusations are being thrown around, when in fact, nothing might not even be wrong at all. I feel like it's possible that she's not necessarily being controlled or abused, but I just have a strong feeling that something isn't right. She scheduled a meetup next Wednesday at 6:30am in some sketchy park in her area. Why would someone want to meet up so early in the morning? She also tweeted that she needed help around 4am (UK time) tonight and to meet up somewhere, but deleted it shortly after. She's not doing well mentally and I just get an ominous feeling.

July 27, 2016 1:03 AM MDT