Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Are you having problems getting the front page and keep getting signed out constantly?

Are you having problems getting the front page and keep getting signed out constantly?

I am.

Posted - July 26, 2016

Responses

No... what kind of device and browser are you using? Have you tried a hard refresh?

July 26, 2016 10:48 PM MDT

I'm using my iPhone. But I've never had problems before.
      July 26, 2016 11:25 PM MDT

Hmm... I've been switching between my desktop and my iPhone all day and haven't had an issue. I do have trouble with my iPad sometimes on all sites with refreshes because it's overloaded with garbage. It's weird that you're getting signed out, though. Are you using private mode or something, where it wouldn't retain your login? 

July 26, 2016 11:33 PM MDT

I can't get the front page on my phone, so I can't ask questions. This is messed up! I'm going to have to use my iPad!
      July 27, 2016 1:54 PM MDT

One the top of your phone there should be a big yellow button "? ASK A QUESTION" you can click that to ask a question.
      July 27, 2016 5:27 PM MDT

It does that when you don't select a category...

September 8, 2016 6:02 PM MDT

I am not.

September 8, 2016 6:46 PM MDT

The ability to post isn't related to the category you choose. The system doesn't really know what category you're selecting, so something else must be going on. However, we do have a volunteer who goes through and puts miscategorized questions where they belong... should you start putting every question in the "Babies & Kids" category, you may well drive him to madness. 

If you're having trouble posting in the correct category, please send me a screenshot of what's going on so I can try to troubleshoot. 

Also, the "preview" button only opens a new page so you can see how your question will look when it posts. You can't post from it. I don't know if that could be part of your issue.

September 8, 2016 7:05 PM MDT

It shouldn't be that way. The default is "Please Select a Category," so you have to select something else. There could be something fluky happening between the browser and the code, though. 

September 8, 2016 9:22 PM MDT