Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » We know the current prez is never to be blamed for anything that results from what he says/does. That leaves Obama and the Dems, right?

We know the current prez is never to be blamed for anything that results from what he says/does. That leaves Obama and the Dems, right?

So when the sh** hits the fan and the fallout of da prez cutting out the AHCA subsidies affects Trump supporters, they can't blame him so of course it will be the fault of Obama and the Dems. Hmmm. Nice name for a band isn't it? :)

Posted - October 17, 2017

Responses

The Congress did not appropiate the money for the extra payments to OC insuramce companies to pay for deductibles and copays. Obama paid it anyway...the courts ruled those payments illegal. Trump stopped paying the illegal payments. 
    So how is this Trump's fault? 
      October 17, 2017 4:25 AM MDT

Of course m2c. Da prez always does the right things for the right reasons. The fact that he is focused on undoing everything his predecessor accomplished is simply a coincidence. Isn't it? Of course it is.  Thank you for your reply.
      October 17, 2017 4:36 AM MDT

Did the court rule the payments were illegal? Yes. Should Trump ignore court rulings? No. 
      October 17, 2017 5:23 AM MDT

Once again you are avoiding the point I am making m2c. Everything I brought up you ignore and focus only on the part that means most to you. That is because it justifies what Trump did. How it will affect others negatively is not your concern. Only how it affects Trump. He is your central issue and everything/everyone else is irrelevant. I wonder how you would react if what he does grievously harms people  you love? Would you still support him? It is a puzzling situation. There is no word or deed he has committed/uttered so far that you won't defend and put a good face on it.  So far. Thank you for your reply. If illegal bothers you what say you about your illegal prez ignoring the Constitution ? Anything? This post was edited by RosieG at October 17, 2017 5:49 AM MDT
      October 17, 2017 5:48 AM MDT

They should have written the OC so money was included and did not have to appropiated....they should have known they would  not be in power forever.
    I don't believe the President is in violation of the Constitution.  
      October 17, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

What do you KNOW about the Emoluments Clause m2c? Have you ever looked it up?. Maybe if you  do you will see that a president cannot profit from his position. He has to DIVEST himself completely if anything like say a hotel he owns in Washington D.C. where people stay and pay and the money goes to Trump accounts. He owns and gets money from Mar A LaGo. When he became prez he doubled the cost to become a member. It was  $100,000. Now it's  $200,000. Every golf course he owns members are charged to belong to. Where do you think that money goes? He did not divest himself fully and legally from anything. He is in direct violatkon of the Emoluments Clauses. I am not making this up m2c. He has done plenty bad stuff of which I don't approve. It may not be not illegal but it sure as he** is dishonorable, dishonest  and harmful to other people. In my book he is not a good guy. In yours he is a topnotch truthteller and whatever he says goes. Whatever he labels fake news you do too. Truth according to Trump is all that matters to him and those who trust him. I trust that you trust him right? I don't. I think he is a snakeoil salesman who is very sleazy and lies whenever he opens his mouth and always makes everything about him. He takes credit for things other do and credit for things he says he did/will and never does. He deserves all the shame he has earned. He will never make up for the egregious things he has said/done or the harm and hurt he has caused. Why?  Because he thinks he has made no mistakes and is perfect and I think you think that too as well as his other supporters. You view him with a different kaleidoscope.  Yours is all pretty colors and pleasant pictures and mine is ugly and dark and evil and threatening. Thank you for your reply! :)
      October 17, 2017 6:45 AM MDT

Yes, we have discussed the Emuluments clause.  President Trump is not in violation of it.:

Let's read the section of Article 1 of the Constitution: “No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Now let's define 

emolument

Advantagebenefitprofit, or wagereceived as compensation for being employed or holding an office.

President Trump is not employed by the Trump Organization so it would not apply to him. Just as I own my business...I am not an employee of my business I don't receive an emulument from my business or from my customers. My employees receive an emulument...

So again no, President Trump has not committed any impeachable offense
      October 17, 2017 7:01 AM MDT