Active Now

Randy D
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Sports » How much weight can a woman bench press? As much as a man? Why are there no female Sumo Wrestlers? Are women body builders as strong as men or are they limited by their bodies?

How much weight can a woman bench press? As much as a man? Why are there no female Sumo Wrestlers? Are women body builders as strong as men or are they limited by their bodies?

Posted - July 27, 2016

Responses

Men have a denser muscle mass and in most cases bigger too, men will anatomically always be stronger than women. Also very interesting, because men are more emotionally shut off than women, we make more stable, better decisions when it comes to being pilots, commanders {That includes Commander and Chief}, surgeons, lawyers, and hard to believe for me anyways, better chefs.

July 27, 2016 4:49 AM MDT

some women are stronger than some men but your limitations are based on your body structure .

Some men are great body builders and some men are built to be very strong power lifters. 

July 27, 2016 12:51 PM MDT

Women are not as strong as men.  Period.  To compete on a strength level is stupid.  We are not built to lift weights to the point that our bodies are pitted against a man of the same build or weight class.

Sumo wrestling started with MEN.  It is a MAN's sport and any woman who wants to stuff their bodies like a goose waiting to have its gorged liver eaten as a pate' deserves the horrendous death that is in store for her.

That is not a healthy sport.  It is sickening.    To even refer to it as a sport is a joke.  I am not saying it is not a disciplined skill, but so is jumping over the Grand Canyon by motorcycle.  Remember that idiot?   I am sure there are women just as stupid vying for that title as well. 

July 27, 2016 12:56 PM MDT