Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Makes no sense. Congress puts all its efforts to pass legislation that hurts we the people and ignores legislation that will help them. Why?

Makes no sense. Congress puts all its efforts to pass legislation that hurts we the people and ignores legislation that will help them. Why?

Repeal/replace AHCA failed. Cutting subsidies by Executive Order is a done deal. THAT HURTS THE FOLKS

Tax reform/tax cuts help the wealthy and don't do a he** of a lot for ordinary folks. Who among you worries
about estate taxes? I think they kick in at $500,000 or $5 million. It isn't something I have to worry abot so I don't know the amount of money you have to leave. I know I won't have it or other regular folks either. Yet that is what is on deck next.  Why?

Infrastructure repair makes our roads and bridges safer and puts people to work. Why isn't THAT a TOP PRIORITY?

Posted - October 17, 2017

Responses

No man is an island. Everything we do affects everything and everyone.

The leftists are such shallow thinkers they can’t see that estate taxes affect them regardless of whether they personally will pay them. Estate taxes discourage production in the most productive people in society and that makes everyone poorer.

The left also have no sense of justice. It doesn’t matter how many people are affected. Justice should be done on principle. They earned that money and already paid tax once already. Now you want to tax them again?!

The left pretend to care about society but they couldn’t care less. It‘s just selfish parasite behaviour camouflaged. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at October 18, 2017 7:11 AM MDT
      October 17, 2017 11:27 AM MDT

So because it does not effect me personally I show not care if it is unjust to someone else? Taxes were already paid on that money, why should the government get to double dip?
    Tax cut help the economy in general. Roughly 40% of working people pay 0% in income taxes.....you can't cut 0% any lower. I have had many years where I have paid 0% tax and in fact got more money back than I paid in...my effective tax rate was like -52%. 
    Now, I am not complaining and will not complain in the future when I no longer qualify for the refund. 

Estate tax hurts small businesses, farmers, and others who have assets that pertain to making a living....if the gov comes in and taxes it, the children can't pay it and have to sell the farm, assets to pay the tax and then can't afford to make a living anymore. And then that business is gone and any jobs it was supporting as well.

This post was edited by my2cents at October 18, 2017 7:12 AM MDT
      October 17, 2017 11:50 AM MDT