Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » White Nationalist Richard Spencer will speak at the University of Florida in Gainesville today. Would you attend if you could?

White Nationalist Richard Spencer will speak at the University of Florida in Gainesville today. Would you attend if you could?

University prez Kent Fuchs said that Spencer wants to incite violence to gain sympathy for the ALT-RIGHT movement. How does violence attract sympathy? Anyway I think 500 cops will be on hand and violence is expected. Sad  that potential/expected violence is a big draw isn't it?

Posted - October 19, 2017

Responses

Have no  desire to hear that kind of thing.  Not attracted to something just because it is shocking and controversial. 
      October 19, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

Even if you are simply curious and didn't support it but wanted to hear what he had to say I'd be physically afraid. If protesters show up to cause problems and supporters are ready and waiting for them only bad stuff can happen. I suppose having all those cops there who I'm sure are heavily armed should help but even so I'm not courageous. I'd stay far away. Thank you for your reply officegirl. Sometimes it is helpful to listen to the opposition. As long as you can stay safe. It isn't worth it if you are fearful about what might happen.
      October 19, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

Do not have ANY interest in ANYTHING that person has to say now or ever. 
      October 20, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

Never heard of him. And no not interested. 
      October 20, 2017 6:13 AM MDT