Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Were you unruly as a kid?

Were you unruly as a kid?

Posted - October 29, 2017

Responses

• Yessss :) as soon as I could walk I used to take all my clothes off and run outside down the sidewalk ... honestly. I don't remember do that but my father told me I did. But I never crossed the street so I was a good kid. 
      October 29, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

Ha ha Jamie...I'm not surprised...you must have been so mischievous;))
      October 29, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

• Gawd ... I can't reply to your comment way I wanted to cos when I try upload a pic my phone keeps do spinning internet thing. BAH! ;)
      October 29, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

No, I was a good boy but as a grown up...

Image result for Grown ups misbehaving gif
      October 29, 2017 7:25 PM MDT

Oh wow;))
      October 29, 2017 7:32 PM MDT

As  an adolescent. Stayed out all night, took drugs, ran away from home.  To much was expected of me I knew I could never do.
      October 29, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

Oh...you did that?
      October 30, 2017 10:20 PM MDT

• I used to do a lot of stuff in school, but I would usually get away with it.
    I remember another boy in Jr.High watching me and just being on pins and needles because I just about got in so much trouble like 3 different times in one day. LoL. : )

I did get caught sometimes.
    I got a 3 day suspension for turning in a steamy story I had written about 2 of my teachers hooking up.
    It was illustrated as well.

I had to wash desks at lunch for putting a sign that said "Momma's Boy" on my teacher's back.

I got suspended from all school sports for a year for drinking after we won a basketball game.

There's a lot more stuff, but I not proud of it.
    I'm pretty well behaved now, kinda. : )

October 29, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

• Meh ... and here I thought you were one of those "nice"  you're a "Joey" then ;)

https://youtu.be/AAlQ9whq8Hs

October 29, 2017 8:23 PM MDT

• Hey that was a great video for that song, better than the one I sent you.
    Thanks. : )
    Yeah, I was kind of a Joey probably worst though. LoL.
    Which degrassi character were you in school?
    I think you had Spike's hair, but I remember you weren't wild until later on right?

October 30, 2017 12:17 AM MDT

• Haha :) you have a good mEmory... yeah wore my hair  like that when 13ish... I was kinda boring though when that age... so i guess I would be like one of the extras :) not a main character. 
      November 1, 2017 6:58 AM MDT

• So hair like Spike

But acted kinda like Melanie? LoL.

November 3, 2017 12:10 AM MDT

• Mélanie?? Really? Wtf! You're lucky I like you or I'd have to yell at you now , lol :) how about I was like a spike without the teenage sex and pregnancy:) I was never a freakin' Melanie :/ 
      November 3, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

• LoL, what's wrong with Melanie?
    I thought she was kinda cute when I was a kid.

Oh well, sorry about that.
    At least you weren't Stephanie K.
    She liked lots of attention at Degrassi. LoL!

November 3, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

• Melainie was annoying as faaak :) I  can't remember  why.. but I know she was. Lol :) I forgot about Stephanie, she was only in first season, no? I was never a Stephanie, I always wanted to fade into background that age. 
      November 3, 2017 7:25 PM MDT

Ha ha very interesting;))
      October 30, 2017 10:21 PM MDT

• i was actually a really good, quiet, shy child

but that gif is me now 
      October 29, 2017 8:24 PM MDT

Really! Amber...stop using those weird profile names and change to Amber please;))
      October 30, 2017 10:24 PM MDT

• ok but only for you
      October 31, 2017 6:30 AM MDT

Yay....that's awesome Amber and so beautiful you are;))
      October 31, 2017 10:33 PM MDT

• Is that really Amber!
    I think I remember her, she's funny. : )
      October 31, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

Now I've no doubt she's the chainsaw beauty;))
      October 31, 2017 10:35 PM MDT

My generation didn't behave that way.  There were a few problem children but for the most part we all behaved appropriately for school.  No one wanted their hands popped with a ruler, or their seat pounded a couple of times with the principal's paddle.  Discipline that includes punishment is effective, not abusive.  Being bad was not popular and didn't make those kids attractive.  It was very embarrassing to get into trouble at school.  I got called down because of chitchatting in class sometimes.  Just that embarrassed me. I am in contact with many people I grew up with and every single one of about 75 of us has had successful lives.  I don't mean we are all rich but only one of us got to visit prison, and that was for running an illegal gambling thing...not violent crime.  Quite a few of us came to be somewhat well-known for one reason or another.  It's a testament to society when I was growing up.  When the breakdown of the institution of the stable and secure two-parent home began to break down, so did everything else.  The institutions of marriage/family/home create the most vital foundation on which society rests.

October 29, 2017 9:57 PM MDT

Thank you....wonderful ...Thrifty!
      October 30, 2017 10:28 PM MDT