Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If as many believe the Catholic Church is the "Whore of Babylon" now that the Reformation is declared over, what does that make Protestants

If as many believe the Catholic Church is the "Whore of Babylon" now that the Reformation is declared over, what does that make Protestants

joined up with her and at a time the U.S begins boldly calling itself a Christian nation?

Posted - October 31, 2017

Responses

I am sure glad I'm Jewish and don't have to think about all of that confusing crap.
      October 31, 2017 7:37 AM MDT

• It seems what is considered the "whore of Babylon" changes with history. First it was the Roman Empire. Then it was the Catholic church. Now maybe the label will focus away from Italy. 
      October 31, 2017 10:48 AM MDT

not sure whats going on with that
      October 31, 2017 3:59 PM MDT

• I have called the Roman Catholic Church the Whore of Babylon in times past, after reflection, I really can't say that now because I don't really know. Only GOD knows that for sure. However, I still do believe that Catholicism as a whole to be a false religion. I base that upon it's beliefs and practices when compared to the Bible. What does that make Protestants? Just as wrong, in many areas, as the Catholic Church. Mainly because both have strayed far from the Bible. Something both claim to read, believe, and follow.

The United States a Christian nation? While America did not have a Christian Founding in the sense of creating a theocracy, it's Founding was deeply shaped by Christian moral truths. More important, it created a regime that was hospitable to Christians, but also to practitioners of other religions. The role of religion in the American republic has been a source of controversy since the nation’s inception. Debates are particularly fierce when they concern religious liberty and the proper relationship between church and state. Arguments on these questions are often framed in the light of the Founders’ intentions, but unfortunately, their views are often distorted.
      November 2, 2017 9:55 AM MDT