Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Doesn't an event such as the ISIS-fan attack in NYC render lots of what we discuss on here trivial by comparison?

Doesn't an event such as the ISIS-fan attack in NYC render lots of what we discuss on here trivial by comparison?

It was the deadliest terror event in NYC since 9/11 and occurred near the Freedom Tower (and, of personal interest, my alma mater Stuyvesant HS), and people are still blathering on about Trump, hair color, wearing trash bags et al.

Posted - November 1, 2017

Responses

I was sitting outside a Starbucks one time when two cars collided head-on out on the street. Couple of people sitting at the table near me glanced over to look then simply continued on with their conversation about how dull and boring their lives were.

Funny ain't it?
      November 1, 2017 1:58 AM MDT

It does, but people need to blather a little.  I read and think about what is going on in the world but when I come on this site it is to talk about other thing....silly things.....a political opinion very very rarely.  The fact that I play doesn't in any way measure the attention I pay to what is going on.
      November 1, 2017 3:24 AM MDT

People are beginning to understand that while Islamic terrorism is a great threat it pales in comparison to home grown threats from Alt-Right Nationalists waging war on the government AND its citizens. Also, in an F.B.I report, they have infiltrated law enforcement throughout the land. That topic gets a third of the attention this one gets. Selected outrage is a form of deflection. This post was edited by O-uknow at November 1, 2017 8:56 AM MDT
      November 1, 2017 8:44 AM MDT

You really believe that? Go tell it to the victims and their loved ones.
      November 1, 2017 5:53 PM MDT