Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Family » Those of you over 25 years old, have you ever been out in public with your parent and someone assumed that the two of you were a couple? ~

Those of you over 25 years old, have you ever been out in public with your parent and someone assumed that the two of you were a couple? ~

This is a companion question to:  https://answermug.com/forums/topic/42671/parents-of-a-child-over-25-years-old-have-you-ever-been-out-in/view/post_id/382153

Posted - November 2, 2017

Responses

• Looka hear, I'm 66 years old and when I'm out with my mama, (she's 86) folks think we're a couple. Now either she's well preserved or I'm falling the Hell apart. Anyway, the whole thing is purty scary.
      November 2, 2017 8:17 AM MDT

No.
    Just NO.
      November 2, 2017 8:19 AM MDT

as much as I love to experience that, my dad and I never had that kinda relationship. 
      November 2, 2017 9:24 AM MDT

You may have misunderstood the premise: the only relationship it specifies is the parent/child relationship, which you acknowledge exists (or existed).  There's nothing in the question that even intimates the parent and child actually being a couple, it just asks whether or not others mistook you for a couple.
    ~

December 18, 2017 7:03 AM MST

No, never had that happen. 
      November 2, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

No, but the inverse has happened. I've been out with my oldest son and people have assumed he and I were a couple. :/ Poor kid. It happens most often when they see him interacting with his siblings. Strangers will call him "Dad." 

I've also had boyfriends that people assumed were my father, but that's a different story altogether. lol
      November 2, 2017 11:17 AM MDT

No, and thank-goodness. But I can see how its possible for some. For those who have kids in their late teens and early twenties, they will only be about 40 ish when their kids are adults, and if they look young themselves at that age, and if your adult kid doesn't look like you - but looks like the other parent instead, its certainly possible for people to mistake you for a couple. This post was edited by righty1 at December 18, 2017 7:03 AM MST
      November 2, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

• "No" ... although my mother's side of the family always looked young for their age, she didn't have me until she was twenty-five.
      December 18, 2017 2:49 AM MST