Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is it about you that your friends most like? Are you a delightful person? Are you always cheering folks up, not bringing them down?

What is it about you that your friends most like? Are you a delightful person? Are you always cheering folks up, not bringing them down?

Posted - November 8, 2017

Responses

If I had any in person friends it would be my wit and sense of humour. Maybe that's why I don't have any real friends.(Other than you folks here.)
      November 8, 2017 7:07 AM MST

Did you purposely put armor on and keep an arm'- length distance because of your profession Ele? Most Supervisors try to keep things professional at all tines because if they become friendly with some employees they may show favoritism. Same thing with teachers I expect. They probably have favorite students for a variety of reasons but maybe purposely keep at a distance for the same reason. It can become a habit. You can be cordial..even friendly but there is always a certain "aloofness". Or perhaps you were shy as a child as was I? Though I am certainly very outgoing and outspoken here sometimes in my private life I just pull inward and become very quiet. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      November 9, 2017 2:08 AM MST

Well, you are correct...I always tried to be cordial to faculty and students, even if I didn't like them. The only one I disliked , though was a vice-principal, but I was cordial to him. Nobody liked him. I was actually closer to my students, as they were the ones I worked for.
      November 9, 2017 6:52 AM MST

I think that is precisely as it should be. Your students should come first always. Thank you for your reply Ele!  :)
      November 15, 2017 7:27 AM MST

They like that I'm odd, but not creepy kind of odd.
      November 8, 2017 8:19 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Thursday.
      November 9, 2017 2:02 AM MST

I have no idea. You'll have to ask carbonproduct and/or Jaimie. The rest of you probably want me dead.
      November 8, 2017 8:23 AM MST

• There's lots of reasons to have you as a friend :)
    -you're kind
    -always respectful to me
    - considerate
    -funny ( especially your Amug conspiracy theories ;) )
    -put up with my nonsense ( that gets at least 500 points)
    and just Cos I said so :)

November 8, 2017 8:14 PM MST

November 8, 2017 9:45 PM MST

?????  So after all these years there are only two people (including from Answerbag days) that you consider to be friends or pals? Everyone else is chopped liver? I see. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Thursday. This post was edited by RosieG at November 9, 2017 8:38 AM MST
      November 9, 2017 2:01 AM MST

Actually, those were the only two people I could think of at the time. However, I do apologize to the people I didn't mention. In any case, I would always include you Rosie.;-)
      November 9, 2017 8:41 AM MST

I don't want you dead. You are funny and ask the kind of strange questions I like to answer.
      November 9, 2017 6:53 AM MST

For what it's worth I don't want that! We haven't interacted directly but I see you about and I enjoy your presence :)
      November 15, 2017 7:35 AM MST

I think my friends would most likely say they appreciate how I always have reassuring words. I'm like the "smoother-outter" among my close friends. I'm very good at keeping things calm and relaxed in my own life and I think my friends are drawn to it. Good question Rosie!
      November 15, 2017 7:36 AM MST

There are people who really do enjoy my company and others who I guess see me as droll and plucky.  But  most "friends" I think include me simply because they don't see me as threatening the attention they want for themselves. Also I pitch in and help without having to be asked.  This post was edited by officegirl at November 15, 2017 8:31 AM MST
      November 15, 2017 8:00 AM MST