Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Have you ever posted a question that got no responses?

Have you ever posted a question that got no responses?

Posted - November 10, 2017

Responses

• No, If I get no responses I'll just answer my own question. I've had some great convos with myself here late  at night when over tired and can't sleep. :)
      November 10, 2017 5:35 AM MST

Who needs an audience when you have yourself?  I talk to myself all the time.  I don't keep a diary so I don't normally write to myself (except lists of things to do) BUT, if I were to, here would be as good a place as any!!!
    You are so funny Jaimie!! Big winks and smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at November 11, 2017 11:58 AM MST
      November 10, 2017 8:59 AM MST

• Funny (strange) or funny (ha-ha)? ;)  
      November 10, 2017 12:35 PM MST

Both!  Sometimes simultaneously!! ;) :D! (())!!
      November 10, 2017 10:51 PM MST

• Lol :)  I know , I know ;p I think I'm gonna pull a "Jaimie" soon and take off :) so very happy got to reconnect with you :) cos I said so ;)  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 11, 2017 4:10 PM MST
      November 10, 2017 11:00 PM MST

I must start having great convos with myself here...wat an innovative idea,Jamie;))
      November 11, 2017 12:00 PM MST

Not just questions but answers or comments that draw no response at all.  Like people don't care or think I just don't fit in.  Or maybe I am just irrelevant to them. Which makes me hesitant to post questions altogether. 
      November 10, 2017 6:05 AM MST

Oh, please don't feel like that officegirl.  I do know that feeling too; but, try to remember, many times people aren't here for weeks at a time (like me lately) or they don't see it.  Other times, maybe they don't have any input because they don't know an answer. 
    Comments can sometimes relate only to one other person.  I know it is hard but please don't take it personally.  I'm sure no one does it intentionally to hurt you.  Just know, sometimes people are busy or they can't think of anything to say that is funny or helpful to your question.  I know, if I miss some of your questions, it is because I didn't see them.  I'll try to be more observant and look for yours if you ask one on any group. Take Care officegirl and see you on another question soon, I hope :)
      November 10, 2017 8:57 AM MST

Thank you for your nice comment but please don't go out of your way.  There is such a thing as the judgment of silence and I became used to it long ago.  I'm on the net because I have something to say and over the years I have had many friends and correspondents for which I am grateful. 
      November 11, 2017 6:02 AM MST

• Feel that way too sometimes but being in different time zones doesn't help, I used to be on late like 2am on answebag.
      November 10, 2017 10:30 AM MST

Hey, I replied to one of your responses.  
      November 10, 2017 10:29 PM MST

Yes you did.  Thank you.
      November 12, 2017 6:15 AM MST

I ask such few questions, I have to think back.  Yes and No.  I think I did.  When I very first came here, I tried to ask some questions but I'm not very good at it.  Some people are masters at asking questions correctly.  I am certainly not one of them.
    The good news is, they all DID eventually get answered.  A little while ago when Trump was the topic of every category, people got tired of talking about him.  
    It was good for me and my lonely questions asked months earlier.  As goofy as my questions were, people and my friends resorted to answering them because I'm sure they had nothing to do with Trump!
    Desperate times call for desperate actions and Trump brought them around to answering those goofy questions!  

This post was edited by Merlin at November 13, 2017 5:09 AM MST
      November 10, 2017 9:07 AM MST

I've never been very good at thinking up questions. At least ones that didn't make me look like a jerk, or like I was preaching, or ignorant.  On Answerbag I would try to think of some but that never worked and mostly if I was able to they would just come to me and I would write them down until I had a few saved up and then post them.  And almost immediately I would feel I should not have because I could see they might be taken as partially offensive or reveal me in a bad light and make people not want to communicate with me.  Which I know is a little silly but have never been a very creative person as far as coming up with things.  
      November 13, 2017 5:13 AM MST

Many many many

But...I have posted hundreds of THOUSANDS so it comes with the territory.

(I've been asking questions for over 10 years)
      November 10, 2017 9:14 AM MST

You're one of those "question asking masters!"  I try to answer as many as I can.  You talk with your pictures too :)  That is fun:)  This place wouldn't be the same without you :) :) !!! This post was edited by Merlin at November 10, 2017 12:55 PM MST
      November 10, 2017 9:33 AM MST

Of course it wouldn't be the same because there would only be 5 members then instead of 6.

( I was on Answer Bag for years and for the first five or so, I only answered questions because there was so many and I loved that most.)  I was a lot like you. I would stop and talk to everyone back then.  It is a great way to network and know everyone.

I think you do more on here to keep this thing alive than I ever could. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 10, 2017 12:51 PM MST
      November 10, 2017 9:36 AM MST

You crack me up!! NOooooooo!!!  You are worth thousands of members, + one and than some!!
    So many came from Answer Bag.  It was around for that long?  Man, I don't know what happened, but it looks like this was a good alternative when it stopped.  I'm sorry it closed for whatever reason.... but happy, in a way, because I got to meet many people who used to be there, especially, you!
    Thank you for your nice words and thoughts.  I hope I bring some smiles to people along the way ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at November 10, 2017 12:51 PM MST
      November 10, 2017 9:43 AM MST

Yes.  You are real nice.   But I am surprised because I thought you were on Answer Bag too.  Were you?  I am confused now.
      November 10, 2017 10:09 AM MST

Hi Shar~ Sorry for the delay. I  had to high-tail it to work yesterday.
    I might be able to help straighten out your confusion.  I came from the Ask.com group.  I didn't know anything about sites like AnswerBag, Blurtit, Reddit, Similar Worlds, or even Ask.com before I was sent there.
    One night I was looking something up on google and the place it sent me to was Ask.com.  It was the only place I had ever been and remained faithful there until the last day.  When it closed, many people went to Blurtit and are probably still there.  They might bop over here every now and again from time to time.  I tried Blurtit for a while, but it just didn't fit my style.  I made many good friends at Ask.com and some I can still get in touch with.  This is good :) 
    Out of the others I tried after Ask, AnswerMug and the people are the very best :).  It fits my style and the friends I've made here are phenomenal.  I wouldn't trade them for the world. I plan on staying here happily, and faithfully as long as AnswerMug is around. :) :)

A quick after thought.  When I was on Ask.com I was MerlinNMe.  It was shortened to Merlin by my friends there and that was the name I carried over here.  There may have been another poser who called themselves Merlin... but there is only ONE real Merlin.  Me! Giggles!   Happy winks and smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at November 11, 2017 4:09 PM MST
      November 11, 2017 4:03 PM MST

• Yes I see! Did you use this name on AB?
      November 10, 2017 10:32 AM MST

She was 'The Great Towel"
      November 10, 2017 1:40 PM MST

• Ohhh ?
      November 11, 2017 12:09 PM MST

Many times. Also I have received many comments on questions I thought I would get none. I think it has something to do with page two being a black hole. Someone here forces others to that page and beyond, so our questions may not be read by anyone.
      November 10, 2017 12:55 PM MST