Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Does life ever get easy?

Does life ever get easy?

How so? 

Posted - July 28, 2016

Responses

Don't sweat the little stuff. Don't sweat the big stuff neither.

Don't sweat nuthin'.
      July 28, 2016 11:54 PM MDT

Nope.

When it becomes easier on some aspects, it becomes harder on some others.

You just have to roll with the punches.

July 29, 2016 12:32 AM MDT

• There's an aesop fable about an Oak Tree and a reed ... You should read it .... Go with the flow and accept change ... :)
      July 29, 2016 2:24 AM MDT

• It gets "easier" .. but it's never easy if you're doing it right.  I think picking your battles in life aka learning to make good choices will make it much easier.

July 29, 2016 2:29 AM MDT

I think it does for a very few people.

For those who find the magic combination of purpose, talent, and opportunity, life can be pretty straightforward. They go do what they feel The Universe intended them to do, they have enough talent to do it with relative ease, and their circumstances are such that they get to do it while still providing for their material needs.

For the rest of us, there's a lot of questioning, second guessing, trying to find our niche, worrying about lost opportunities (past, present or future), wasted effort, dead ends, learning experiences, and so forth.

July 29, 2016 2:56 AM MDT

For me it has. If that's what you want, focus on that goal. Some people don't like to take it easy and you may be one of those.

I was able to retire with a decent pension, I am debt-free, I avoid negative people and do meaningful volunteer work that brings me satisfaction and a sense of purpose. These are things that make my life happy and 'easy'.

July 29, 2016 3:33 AM MDT

• It can sometimes go through easy phases, and the tough bits can be much easier, if we develop enough skill in mastering the basics.

There are always new challenges at every phase of life.

July 29, 2016 4:01 AM MDT

•   July 29, 2016 4:03 AM MDT

• I agree. Well put! :)

July 29, 2016 4:05 AM MDT

• Not to my knowledge.  I don't think it's meant to.  

"Life is tough, darling. Life is hard. And we better laugh at everything; otherwise, we're going down the tube."

Joan Rivers.

July 29, 2016 5:20 AM MDT