Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If you're content to stay and play within the limits of your abilities you'll probably win more than you lose. Do you?

If you're content to stay and play within the limits of your abilities you'll probably win more than you lose. Do you?

Some folks go out of their way to challenge those who strengths they can't match in areas they just can't handle. Why take on more than you should when what you can handle works well for you? What is the pull that leads you to a path that gets you into trouble? A siren song? To satisfy a longing? For what from whom and why?

Posted - November 12, 2017

Responses

When I was a young sailor I was the best at what I did. I didn't need to improve.

We have a school system here in a village of wealth folks. Their schools got perfect ratings in all State standards but one. They got an F for improvement. They couln't get any better. Top five in Ohio every year.
      November 12, 2017 10:30 AM MST

I have been good at some things but there was always room for improvement. I doubt that I have ever been the "best" at anything. Perfect ratings sounds ideal.  An "F" for improvement because they couldn't get any better? That will take some pondering because as it stands it makes no sense at all. Top five in Ohio every year. Among how many?  Thank you for your reply.
      November 13, 2017 1:27 AM MST

There are as many high schools in Ohio as there are in any other state as large...I wouldn't know the exact number. The F for no improvement was real Everyone got a chuckle over it.
      November 13, 2017 6:37 AM MST

Goodness gracious me oh my good grief good golly miss molly and vye vye vye vye vye! Thank you for the explanation Ele. I would have given an A+ for perfection since there was no room for improvement. But that's just moi!  :)
      November 14, 2017 6:25 AM MST

i try to win
      November 12, 2017 3:36 PM MST