Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Do you get over-the-moon JOYFUL during the holidays or do you get depressed, down-in-the-dump and want to stay asleep till it's over? Why?

Do you get over-the-moon JOYFUL during the holidays or do you get depressed, down-in-the-dump and want to stay asleep till it's over? Why?

Posted - November 13, 2017

Responses

It just annoys me, mostly because I work retail and they expect me to work on the holidays to deal with the hordes. I usually don't even do anything on holidays anymore because I just want to rest after work.
      November 13, 2017 10:13 AM MST

Don't you get double time-and-a-half (triple time) for working holidays Patch? Not that money is your motivational carrot but at least you should get compensated for it. Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday. Minimal commercializing. Christmas is all about gift-giving and gift getting and parties and new clothes and me me me unless you have kids and then it's all about them. Christmas used to be special when the kids were young and you could see their excitement and remember way back when to when you were a kid and got excited too. But when they're grown and off on their own and you and your mate have no kids around it is different. Now Christmas should be honored by religious folks for what it represents but I don't know if it is any longer. We have gone to Midnight Mass and carried candles in a church procession. I found that very moving. Long ago and far way in the yesterdays of my life. Thank you for your reply. So you're working on Thanksgiving then?
      November 14, 2017 6:08 AM MST

Yeah, I get a holiday bonus which is nice. Christmas seemed magical back when I was a little goober even though we weren't exactly rich and got all our presents from the dollar store. I mostly liked the smells of Christmas and the specials on tv. I still love those Christmasy smells and it's around the time of year where the special edition candles come out!
      November 14, 2017 6:32 AM MST

At least we have memories of those days and it is kinda nice each year to see the holiday cheer. Thank you for your reply Patch!  :)
      November 14, 2017 6:38 AM MST

Outside incidentals like holidays have nothing to do with it.  If I am doing well, the holidays are great if I am not the holidays are just there and I go through the motions.

Right now?  Going through the motions. 
      November 13, 2017 10:15 AM MST

Sorry you're not doing well. Hope things change for you. Thank you for your reply.
      November 14, 2017 6:09 AM MST

Used to sometimes become depressed esp when alone.  Now I just have too much to do!
      November 14, 2017 6:20 AM MST