Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If evolutionary change results in more highly enhanced vision for humans do you think we will be able to see God?

If evolutionary change results in more highly enhanced vision for humans do you think we will be able to see God?

○●○
Since God can see us shouldn't we be able as well to see Him and the angels fluttering around us?

Posted - June 25, 2016

Responses

I think it is happening and I think that will be the result.  YES.  I think that exactly. Hang on to your hat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      June 26, 2016 12:09 AM MDT

He's an image of me!
      June 26, 2016 12:15 AM MDT

They are not in a physical dimension... They are right beside us but in another dimension so you would need inter dimensional  glasses.. And they do not exist..   Also we are told if we ever saw God we would drop dead.. Angels have been seen, But they are the ones who have come through into our dimension.. 

June 26, 2016 6:40 AM MDT

If I could see God my non-belief would drop dead but why should I?
    I do not believe everything I am told.
      June 26, 2016 7:40 AM MDT

The way God seems to work.. Well the way He worked with me.. Was that i first believed and embraced his message which is the message of Jesus who is the Word of God.. Then God confirmed Himself to me to give me more courage and confidence.   I will not state that God will confirm His existence to others as He did for me.. Maybe He did for me because i had such weak faith. Maybe others are far stronger in their faith and need no extra confirmation from God..

June 26, 2016 7:50 AM MDT

PS:  It is good to not believe everything you are told..  That is a good policy.. Because there are many false prophets and scammers out there using religion as their mode of scamming people..

June 26, 2016 7:52 AM MDT

Kittigate

You can see God right now if that is your pursuit.

But if it's a trivial pursuit, just a passing fancy, all you get is 

you creating your world as you go and seeing the wonders of life.

(which is indeed awesome)

...But if it is a heartfelt yearning for you to be complete

in that knowledge...then that would be a very good first step.

...I say this because the only thing keeping you from seeing God is your attachment to the world.

...through meditation,

when we look within, we put our awareness within instead of on the world.

we are letting go of the thoughts, the attachments of the world and redirecting our attention

to the light within. it's just that simple.

...When the mind is still, and free of thoughts running through it,.

the drop of water has merged into the ocean and has become one

with the ocean, losing it's separate identity, revealing the light of our Soul

which is the reflection of Christ consciousness.

But if during that meditation, the thoughts of the world return, in an instant the light disappears and then you are aware of  and identifying and holding onto the world once again.

...thus our attachments to the world have taken over again and life goes on.

Meditation is the opening door, it doesn't belong to any religion.

it is yours since the beginning of time, and can take you deep within your Self.

Remember our attachments to our thoughts are very strong 

and will not just disappear because you want to meditate

in fact your ego will fight against it...LOL

Be well...

a lot of words to describe something so simple

but maybe someday huh?

anyway don't believe

but experience.

June 26, 2016 9:26 AM MDT

My 'god' is a higher power within myself -like the sort of thing that can and has made a placebo effective for me; something within the subconscious.

Faith can be effective when suitably inspired.
      June 26, 2016 9:31 AM MDT

Right ok. That's interesting.
      June 26, 2016 9:34 AM MDT

Some people never evolve.  The grasp of indoctrination is quite powerful.

Fortunately, some will.

June 26, 2016 12:33 PM MDT

Yes.
      June 26, 2016 3:25 PM MDT

June 26, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

All human beings are given a Conscience which is from God that is a part of them from the start.. But I believe God Himself does not dwell within people until such time as they accept his message and trust 100% in the atonement of Jesus for their eternal salvation..    A Conscience can be shouted down and it's subtle voice can slowing be suppressed into extinction..  General when people are young their conscience has a strong influence over them and guides them to know what is good and what is not good.. But when people grow older and they desire to do evil they will suppress the truth coming from their conscience.. When one becomes indwelled by the Holy Spirit it is as if one now has a Super Conscience that cannot be ignored or shouted down.. When the Holy Spirit Hits you with conviction it strikes like a sledge hammer  to the face and cannot be ignored or suppressed..

June 26, 2016 10:07 PM MDT

All right.
      June 27, 2016 2:38 AM MDT

Here's the deal. We are allowed to believe or not believe in this God dude (or dudette) as we please.

This is Free Will at work.

Were God to show herself (or hisself) to us we would know without a doubt that s/he exists and therefore be forced to believe in its existence whether we like it or not.

Free Will would be a moot point.

Apparently God wants us to find her on our own, despite what the naysayers tell us.

June 29, 2016 1:51 PM MDT

Well if God created the universe and everything in it that must mean I am and everyone else is made of God material so doesn't that mean that finding myself means that I found God?
      June 29, 2016 2:46 PM MDT

Very good work Kittigate. You have nailed the matter precisely on the head.

Yes, if God created the universe and everything in it from nothing but her (his) own energy, then everything created is God energy. So everything and everyone is/are equal to each other AND everyone/everything is God.

Thou art God.

You should read "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Heinlein and see if you grok. I just reread it 40 years later! Amazing the correct ideas this marvelous writer had.

June 30, 2016 12:21 AM MDT

All right, I will keep that in mind.
      June 30, 2016 12:24 AM MDT