Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Who asked a question about Mother Nature knowing how to create beautiful scenery?

Who asked a question about Mother Nature knowing how to create beautiful scenery?

After much thought I have an answer for you.

Posted - November 15, 2017

Responses

Well it was only one person so what are the rest of us supposed to do, ignore you?

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 15, 2017 7:06 PM MST
      November 15, 2017 6:55 PM MST

If you remember who it was you could tell me.  I know what!  I'll put my answer here below.  It'll be a totally new concept, a question AND an answer.  What d'y' think?
      November 15, 2017 6:59 PM MST

Do not hate me, but I have been on here and Answer Bag for 10 years now.  You cannot do a thing that I have not done already 1,000 times.

November 15, 2017 7:01 PM MST

I could never hate you Shar, you're my heroine... uh heroin.  Uh... whatever.
      November 15, 2017 7:03 PM MST

You are mine too.  You can hold your breath longer than any man.  You are almost a superhero.

November 15, 2017 7:05 PM MST

Here's my answer:  Forest, rivers, oceans etc. are not inherently beautiful.  People came to think of them as beautiful because that's where they could find shade, food, water, rest and so on.  That's what I think.
      November 15, 2017 7:01 PM MST

An interesting take and not wrong.  It's just that there is more to it than that.  A flower, for instance.  It has no purpose except fragrance and color for us.  And yet, most of us respond.  It is light and shadow and color that attracts our higher intuition.   Something responds to the essence of life expressed that way.

But, we also respond as you say to what gives us sustenance, comfort, security and the like.  It is also true that almost everything can be explained as beautiful or ugly depending on the lens you look through.  If you see things ugly, then they are.  I think the more evolved our thinking becomes, the more we see beauty in everything.  The fact that nothing is permanent and always tagable makes me appreciate the fact that it has been created, no matter what it is.  It is expression and all expression no matter how hideous or beautiful is Divine to me.

On some level.  I am not supporting serial killers.  I am seeing how being totally objective is Buddah-like though.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 15, 2017 7:16 PM MST
      November 15, 2017 7:09 PM MST

Well said.  Beauty is constant, seek and you will find.
      November 15, 2017 7:17 PM MST

A stitch in time saves nine.

Your turn. 
      November 15, 2017 7:22 PM MST

I did about a month or so ago -was along the line of saying if God/supernatural creation is non-existent then what conscious awareness does mother nature have to make things beautiful? 
      November 16, 2017 12:36 AM MST