Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Few/some/many Americans are shoplifters. They steal all the time and get away with it. Are Americans THE BEST at shoplifting?

Few/some/many Americans are shoplifters. They steal all the time and get away with it. Are Americans THE BEST at shoplifting?

Who outdoes us? Any statistics on that? America wants to be best and first at everything. Well we're pretty good at being obese. Maybe the best. We're best at gun stuff.  We are tops on that list. I don't know where we rate as thieves. But I betcha we aren't the worst. Sexual perversion is oozing out of the pores of all areas in American society of late. Entertainment field, sports, politics, business, education, the military, the church. Where isn't it plentiful? Are we best at that too? More sexual perverts in the US than anywhere in the world?

Posted - November 16, 2017

Responses

No USA is not #1 in shoplifting (shrinkage in accounting terms)
      November 16, 2017 6:52 AM MST

Perhaps people in other countries are better at not getting caught, there's also the fact that we have a larger population than many other countries so of course there will be more of 'em.
      November 16, 2017 7:55 AM MST

Touche on both counts Patch. We do have some very stupid criminals in America. You read about them all the time. And of course with more people there would logically be more thieves. I guess I should have said "per capita". Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      November 17, 2017 2:37 AM MST