Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Treating women with respect seems to be a politically PARTISAN issue. Two Americas. One where women are valued. One where they are not. Why?

Treating women with respect seems to be a politically PARTISAN issue. Two Americas. One where women are valued. One where they are not. Why?

Posted - November 16, 2017

Responses

Is that something like the Democrats used to accuse the GOP of having a "war on women"?  Because they would not pay for our birth control and abortions?  I voted for Trump because I wanted to be valued as an individual and not as a "victim" who has to be confined and protected.  I decide who I think respects me or does not.  No political party can tell me I am or am not respected. 
      November 16, 2017 11:16 AM MST

• Exactly. It seems like almost everything today is being politicized. Especially in areas that government has no business being.
      November 16, 2017 7:08 PM MST

You missed the point completely. It has nothing to do with Democrat or Republican. It has everything to do with one thing only. Do you respect women  and value them or are they second-class citizens who are there to service you?  Women have no control over it. Women do not decide how men will treat them. Democrats and Republicans are one large mix of homogeneity in that regard. Dems and Republicans are sexual perverts too. I asked a question about Senator Al Franken, a  Dem, who is now outed as  being "one of them". Being a sexual pervert has ZERO to do with your established political party affiliation. Sexual perverts make up a political  group of their own and sadly they are a political force and dominate and legislate and control.Thank you for your reply og and Happy Friday to thee.
      November 17, 2017 1:38 AM MST

That contradicts your question, Rosie. If Democrats and Republicans are, as you say, one large mix of homogeneity in that regard, then how can you say it's a politically partisan issue?
      November 17, 2017 7:45 AM MST

I'll bet the farm that she'll never admit she's wrong. 
    -
      November 17, 2017 7:49 AM MST

• Valuing women and treating them with respect has nothing to do with politics. That's a societal matter. I've always done both throughout my lifetime. However, occasionally there comes a time when a women or a man for that matter, reaches a point when they lose my respect. It usually takes something fairly drastic but it does happen.
      November 16, 2017 7:17 PM MST

I do think treating people with respect is valuable as a social thread, whether we really respect them or not. Helps guarantee social cohesiveness.  But honey once we let ourselves get political EVERYTHING can be politicized.  Which is really too bad I think. But after all politics is basically just people getting together and being people so what more can we expect of it?

Victimizing me is not treating me with respect but neither is considering me a "victim" when I do not choose to be so considered. 
      November 16, 2017 8:11 PM MST

Everything seems to be a political issue for Rosie - even what folks eat for breakfast, lol.
      November 17, 2017 7:47 AM MST

That's because a) everything is Donald Trump's fault, and b) Messiah Obama isn't around to save us all. 

November 17, 2017 7:52 AM MST

I have been corresponding with Rosie since 2009 and she is intelligent and can be a sweetheart when she doesn't allow her insecurities and hate to get the best of her.  She is older and I would guess lonesome too with a lot of time on her hands.
      November 17, 2017 8:05 AM MST

I have as well, going back to the Answerbag era. I think you are correct.
      November 17, 2017 8:17 AM MST

Hi.  I was "Anonymous" on answerbag back then and she took me to task for not coming up with a better user name and demanded to know my real name and I was so intimidated I gave it to her!  I just wanted to be accepted at first.  November 2009. 
      November 17, 2017 8:22 AM MST

I felt a need to respond to this comment, and as I think about my response, the more I am shaking my head at yours.

I agree she is intelligent, and from the philosophical standpoint, intelligence is good and tends to communicate itself.  I am intelligent as well and intelligent people tend to address problems that we think require discussion and / or comment.  And intelligence is only enhanced by age because we have had so much time to vett the real value of the things we think worthy of comment. 

I see no evidence of hate---although neither of us suffer fools gladly---and she and I occasionally have diametrically opposed views on some issues.

Insecurities---sheesh!!! ---give me a break. 

I'm 72.  I'm retired and remain active in a number of things---including this and one other website.  And I constantly am running out of time trying to accomplish all that I think worthwhile before my "expected" life span of 88 is up---although my intent is to live considerably longer.   Lonesome my a**.

You should be so lucky as to have the "problems" you think we have if you live that long.

Fortunately, we tend to forgive what we know to be the ignorance of youth.
      November 17, 2017 10:37 AM MST

Well, there can be some parallel significance---as they say, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. 
      November 17, 2017 11:09 AM MST

• I have to agree. The problem is, when people politicize everything, the division in this nation only widens. However, that doesn't seem to bother some people.
      November 18, 2017 9:04 AM MST

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/43755/treating-women-with-respect-seems-to-be-a-politically-partisan-i/view/post_id/389912

You posted: "Treating women with respect seems to be a politically PARTISAN issue. Two Americas. One where women are valued. One where they are not. Why?"

Which of your two posts doesn't not fail to uncontradict the other?

November 16, 2017 7:39 PM MST

How can you say that when both Democrats (Al Franken) and Republicans (Roy Moore) have been accused of sexual assault and harassment?
      November 16, 2017 8:41 PM MST