Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Being elected to anything because folks hated your opponent MORE than they hated you is nothing to be proud of. WHY IS HE?

Being elected to anything because folks hated your opponent MORE than they hated you is nothing to be proud of. WHY IS HE?

Posted - November 17, 2017

Responses

He thinks winning is the only measure of success.  Why or how is of no concern to him.  He simply wanted the power of the office to advance his personal agenda.
      November 17, 2017 10:50 AM MST

I wonder when he knew he'd having the backing of Putin and Russian hackers tom?  It certainly was no surprise to him during his campaign. How many years has Putin been grooming Trump for this particular job? It would be really interesting to be able to pinpoint it exactly. The financial entanglements or attempted entanglements have been going on for years. At one point one of the Trump sons said they get a lot of their financing from Russia  for projects so financing was never a problem. Thank you for your reply. He didn't "win" the popular vote and that galls him and always will. He LOST by almost 3 million votes! It will always eat away at him. He's just that kinda guy! SIGH. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      November 19, 2017 3:41 AM MST

Assuming that is a gross oversimplification, which is par for the course with many of your questions, Rosie. 

Given the millions of voters involved, people voted as they did for many different reasons, not just that one.
      November 17, 2017 11:23 AM MST

Thoughtful of you to reply to what you consider a "grossly oversimplified" question, to reply with an equivalently oversimplified answer.

I suspect that the "many different reasons" that people voted for Trump have two or three top reasons---one of which was probably due to their conviction that Trump was simply the lesser of two evils.
      November 17, 2017 12:52 PM MST

You may suspect, but we don't really know. Would you have preferred that I list actual reasons off the top of my head? We do know that people voted for each candidate for different reasons. That's much less simplistic than just assuming that all people voting for one candidate did so for the exact same reason.
      November 17, 2017 1:07 PM MST

:):):)  Touche!
      November 19, 2017 3:37 AM MST

Touche what? Neither your question nor his comment proves anything.
      November 19, 2017 11:50 AM MST

• What other fast breaking news item do we have, Dewey takes Manila? There' s really nothing new in that premise. I haven't missed an election in 45 years and many times I had to enter the polls with a clothes pin on my nose for some local, state or national election. Just a regrettable part of the process.
      November 17, 2017 2:34 PM MST