Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
WelbyQuentin
Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Many decades ago there was very racist movie called The Birth of a Nation. Today you are living through The Death of a Nation. D'ya like it?

Many decades ago there was very racist movie called The Birth of a Nation. Today you are living through The Death of a Nation. D'ya like it?

Posted - November 18, 2017

Responses

• If this nation is in fact in its death throes, the killing was an inside job. Americans will be accomplishing what outside forces and powers couldn't bring about in more than two hundred years of trying. It's possible to plant and nurture the seeds of your own destruction. But, being the eternal optimist that I am, I refuse to buy into the "Doom and Gloom" and "the sky is falling" mentality that borders on hysteria these days. This nation has been and can continue as a world leader in every area of human endeavor. So, those who engage in wailing and gnashing of teeth, shouldn't be so quick to write the national obituary. If we survive, it will be due to the efforts of sane, sober, common sense persons that stand in the middle of two extremes. When it comes to a sinking ship, you can either drill more holes in the hull or man the pumps. Some folks want to bemoan the fact that we built a ship, instead of working to save it.
      November 18, 2017 10:23 AM MST

I have not seen the movie.
    But the USA is being reborn in a sense, we are one again leading the world and standing up for our country/workers....no more leading from behind and apologizing for previous leaders. This post was edited by my2cents at November 18, 2017 11:36 AM MST
      November 18, 2017 10:27 AM MST

no, i dont like it, i hate racism
      November 18, 2017 3:51 PM MST

Speak for yourself, Rosie. You may think you are, but I'm not.
      November 19, 2017 12:54 AM MST

Just because you can't deal with change, doesn't mean that the US is on its deathbed.
      November 19, 2017 4:14 AM MST