Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which book or piece of music would you have loved to have written? What movie would you like to be remembered for and what piece of art?

Which book or piece of music would you have loved to have written? What movie would you like to be remembered for and what piece of art?

Bringing pleasure to others via various mediums...memorable things that they treasured. A gift that some have and some don't. Immortality via what you have contributed to the world. Lasting proof of your having been born and having left behind something of value. That would be nice.

Posted - November 19, 2017

Responses

This is a rather complex question. I won second place in a lyrics writing contest. (judged by country star Aaron Tippin)  I can't write music so no song has come from it. I have written a short story in my mind that is about a poor kid living in a county poor house during the 1930s. Sort of like a Tom Sawyer adventure. 
      November 19, 2017 6:53 AM MST

I think that is a compliment("this is a rather complex question") for which I thank you. So you are a poet then m'dear? You write the words and the melody comes from another source?  Have you tried to publish the short story?  Without my being too nosy what would YOU know about living in a poor house? Research? It sounds way worse than living in an orphanage bh. I hope it has a happy ending! All kids deserve that. Thank you for you reply and Happy Monday! :)Oh. Have you ever researched the music business? Maybe someone out there already has the melody for which your words would be a perfect fit?  Ya never know till you try, right? Ever hear of Rogers and Hammerstein or George & Ira Gershwin? Words and music? I'm just sayin'....
      November 20, 2017 5:01 AM MST

• Beethoven's "Ode to Joy", or any of his symphonies. Art? "The Pieta" by Michelangelo. As for the book, "The Lords of Discipline" by Pat Conroy. 
      November 19, 2017 7:02 AM MST