Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump tax cut "reform" bill comes in two flavors/sizes/styles. Which is real and which is fake?

Trump tax cut "reform" bill comes in two flavors/sizes/styles. Which is real and which is fake?

Corporate tax rates will be slashed to 20%  PERMANENTLY
Estate taxes will be eliminated. They affect only the top 1%

To pay for that Medicaid and other programs will take HUGE cuts. Painful cuts. Debilitating cuts.
The taxes of the middle class may briefly go down but will go up at some point because their tax cuts are TEMPORARY not permanent

OR

Trump insists this tax cut "reform" will in no way benefit him or the wealthy. His accountant told him so he sez
Trump insists the majority of the tax relief will accrue to the middle class

He wants you to believe him. Do you?

Posted - November 19, 2017

Responses

Trump's plan ONLY helps the wealthy (especially himself and his family).  He and his upper-crust "cabinet" don't give a darn about this country, they only care about themselves - and that means making themselves richer!  Anyone notice that his cuts to the super wealthy put this nation trillion of $$ further into debt?  He claims that this "cut" will make companies remove their offshore money and invest it in the US.  Is HE taking his money from there and putting it here... nooo!  And no one else is going to do so either.  The rich keep getting richer (at others expense) while everyone else suffers.  Homelessness is rising, decent jobs are all but gone, taxes keep increasing (non-voter approved), CEO's rake in 7+ figure incomes/yr while their workers are lucky if they get minimum wage (and yes it's legal to pay less than minimum wage).
    I guess no one learned anything from the french revolution.
      November 19, 2017 9:03 AM MST

((hugs)) Once again you nailed it shuhak in my opinion. But you do know that his supporters don't believe a word of it. Trump is their entire world and the source of the only Truth they can count so whatever he says they accept unconditonally and will until they die. No matter what. I can't explain it.Thank you for your excellent analysis and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 19, 2017 9:31 AM MST