Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you had a lot of short relationships or just a few long ones? Which way do YOU think is better?

Have you had a lot of short relationships or just a few long ones? Which way do YOU think is better?

Posted - November 27, 2017

Responses

• I've had more long-term relationships than short. By my definition of long-term anyway. I don't know which is better. I know there were a couple relationships  I should have ended about a year or two before I did.
      November 27, 2017 5:30 PM MST

• Thank you.
    Yeah my last one should've ended years before it did.
    It probably should've ended when we were 21, but then we wouldn't have had our son.
    He was worth it.
    I do wonder if I would be a different person if I had dated a bunch of people in my 20's?
    Better or worst?
    I did have some good years with her though and we were close so it wasn't a waste of time really.
    15 years is kind of a successful relationship by today's standards I guess?
    Anyway, thanks for the response. : )
      November 27, 2017 5:49 PM MST

• You're welcome :)
      November 27, 2017 5:55 PM MST

• Seven  months is long term in my world.
      November 27, 2017 5:31 PM MST

• Wow!
    You must be a pretty "Experienced" dude, I guess?
    Just as far as variety anyway.
    Do you think that you want a long-term relationship or have you really enjoyed having many different girlfriends?
      November 27, 2017 5:52 PM MST

• No, don't let your imagination indulge me.   I've had longer ones in the past.  Being unattached  doesn't bother lie it does other people either.
    To be honest dude?  I'm pretty shallow, emotionally unavailable ( whatever the hell that means ), and selfish with my time. 
      November 27, 2017 6:02 PM MST

• Hmm.....Maybe, maybe not?
    I've never heard a narcisist admit that they are "Shallow and selfish."
    So maybe you really aren't?
    Just maybe you never met the right person yet?
    Just a romantic theory. LoL!
    Sorry if I'm bugging you.
    Good luck man. : )
      November 27, 2017 6:07 PM MST

• No you're fine.  I never said I was a narcissist.  I love instant gratification and base pleasures is all.  Maybe I'll find someone or vice-versa,  then they we will likely argue over bills and self destructive behaviour.

November 27, 2017 6:30 PM MST

I don't have it in me to EVER start one of those EVER again.
      November 27, 2017 5:58 PM MST

• I hear you. LoL!!!
    Believe me, but someone will come along that surprises you and before you know it you're right back in love all over again.
    I hope you find so much happiness.
    Thanks for the reply. : )
      November 27, 2017 6:01 PM MST

Only long ones.  If they are not long enough they really aren't much of a relationship.

November 27, 2017 6:41 PM MST

• Hmm....I guess that's true.
    Thank you.
      November 27, 2017 7:49 PM MST

When I see your questions I feel you must be an Indian at heart...you seem to like a steady, long relationship......mine was an arranged marriage...like most Hindu marriages...myself and my hubby married for the first time....we get along well....never have either of us craved for a different relationship..with another person.....we just grew in love...it blossomed with nurture and care;))
      November 27, 2017 7:58 PM MST

• Wow, that's beautiful.
    I love how you describe your relationship.: )

I guess when I commit to a woman I mean it you know?
    That's why it was so hard for me to let go after it was over.
    I was not only losing my partner, but also my best friend and a woman that I would have died for.
    I try to look at relationships differently now and I just try to enjoy each moment with a woman.
    I feel like if I do that then even if the relationship ends I will have loved her as much as I could and I should have no regrets.
    Just let her go and then find another one and love her too. LoL. : )
    Just keep loving them, that's my strategy.
    Thanks for your answer Veena, I appreciate it.
      November 27, 2017 9:25 PM MST

TS...thank you! That lady who left you in the lurch is not worthy of you. You seem to be loyal, caring and trustworthy....I just  hope you soon get to meet the right one....Amen;))
      November 27, 2017 10:36 PM MST

• Aww....thank you.
    I did meet a nice woman recently and she is great, but it's very complicated with her.
    Then my ex wife texts me and seems to be trying to get back together, but I ignored her because I love this other woman that I met now.
    So the drama continues I guess?
    Thank you for your kind words. : )

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 30, 2017 7:15 PM MST
      November 28, 2017 2:50 AM MST

I dunno wat to say...just hope things will work out best for you, T.S;))
      November 30, 2017 7:16 PM MST

• Thanks. : )
      December 1, 2017 7:02 AM MST

I've had hundreds of long-term relationships.  Not really, only two.  That's all I know how to do.
      November 27, 2017 9:31 PM MST

• LoL!
    Yeah, I was wondering how you had a hundred long relationships. : )
    I know how you feel I think?
    I've only had a few long-term ones myself so far.
    Maybe we're lucky to have had long relationships?
    That's kinda what I'm trying to figure out anyway.
    Thanks for your reply. : )
      November 27, 2017 10:01 PM MST

I've had it both weys.

I think it is better to have a single lifetime relationship. I could just never find anyone who could deal with me.

I loved them every one.
      November 27, 2017 9:34 PM MST

• Hmm....thanks.
    Can I ask you this?
    Would you rather have been with one woman for most of your life and then have it end and be single or have been with thirty different women and be single now?
    Would that matter?
    Ahh..I guess that's stupid huh?
    What's the point of having so many different ones?
    It really is quality over quantity right?
    Like when referring to girlfriends?
    I think so.
    Thanks for the help. : )

November 27, 2017 10:08 PM MST

I suppose having one would be my preference.
      November 27, 2017 10:11 PM MST

♡ When you are a teenager and a young adult you should have short relationships. You are still learning who you are as a person and need to figure that out before you can commit yourself to a long term relationship. Some people need that time to party, go out and play with out any commitments, once they have those experiences and have learned about life, they are ready to settle down and be in a committed long term relationship.
      November 28, 2017 10:03 PM MST