Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you sometimes scare yourself? When/how/why?

Do you sometimes scare yourself? When/how/why?

Posted - July 30, 2016

Responses

• I look into the eyes of the stranger

As the shards of angst pierce my skin

He is gazing at me from the mirror

And he wears a condescending grin

I hear the distant whispers in my head

Spoken by the acolytes of sin

They tell me that the face in the mirror

Belongs to the parasite within

July 30, 2016 12:15 PM MDT

Sometimes? 

I mean, isn't that normal?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
      July 30, 2016 12:48 PM MDT

You need to pick up an Eckhart Tolle book.

July 30, 2016 12:50 PM MDT

I am unfamiliar with those words SN but I find them very appealing. What is it from? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)

July 31, 2016 3:54 AM MDT

Why? I am unfamliar with the name. I guess I shall Google it. Thank you for your reply Sharonna and Happy Sunday.

July 31, 2016 3:55 AM MDT

Not for me.  I did it once when I was 14 Sharonna. I am now 78. Do you regularly scare yourself? Thank you for your reply.

July 31, 2016 3:56 AM MDT

OK Sharonna. I just Googled the guy and read the Wikipedia info.  He is said to be the most spiritually influential person in the world. . Folks like him and books like his do not appeal to me. He found a way to negotiate his way through life because of some deep depression and awakening which apparently worked for him because now he is rich and famous. But I look at him and others like him just as I look at the plethora of diet books. Everyone wants an easy way to get thinner. Everyone wants to find a way to be happier. Maybe if all the proceeds of all his  books go to charities and he lives simply and ascetically I might be more inclined to give it a go. But I don't think he does. World acclaim leads to fame and success and money and influence all of which are based on other people's hopes and needs and frailties because they believe that THIS TIME the secret will be revealed. Not my cuppa tea. Thanks anyway.

July 31, 2016 4:04 AM MDT

Hi Rosie, the last time I really scared myself was when I was a teenager.  My dad let me drive his flatbed truck and I went to the drive in theater with a couple of my friends to see a scary movie.  After the movie was over, I dropped my friends off and headed home.  I was driving down my driveway, still petrified from the movie, and  I began to wonder if anyone had jumped on the bed of the truck and followed me home.  As I turned around to take a look I saw someone looking back at me and I screamed bloody murder.  It was my own reflection in the back window looking back at me.  

July 31, 2016 7:55 AM MDT

((hugs)) Geez that must have been terrifying PC! I am very susceptible to things like that . That is why scary movies are not my cuppa tea. I don't seek them out. I don't watch slasher movies. I bet it seemed forever before you arrived home! Thank you for sharing that m'dear and Happy Monday to thee!  That was years ago (I assume) and here I am far away from that time and experience and you just gave me the chills! :)

August 1, 2016 3:37 AM MDT

Hi Rosie, Yah, I think my heart stopped for a few seconds that evening.  I've always been scared watching slasher movies or suspenseful movies and I'm a definite screamer.  Even if someone startles me, I scream bloody murder.  Can't help myself.  My sister is about as bad as I am.  As kids, we would try to scare each other and one evening I crawled under her bed and waited for her to come in and go to sleep.  She sat on the edge of the bed and her legs were right in front of me.  So I did what any good sister would do and I grabbed both ankles.  I got in trouble for that one.  lol

August 4, 2016 5:12 AM MDT

Yikes! I have a younger sister...7 years younger. She has always been braver than me. I guess maybe first-born kids tend to be more cautious/careful. I'd get nightmares if I saw something scary. I don't think she ever did. She is the adventuresome one...the gregarious one...the popular one. She left home at 17....got a job and an apartment she shared with a friend. I left home at 20 because I got married. But we're best friends now. She is 71 and I'm 78 and when we get together we feel like kids again.  I have known her all her life. That makes me very special to her and of course she is very special to me! Thank you for your reply PC! I hope you and your sister are close as well!  :)

August 4, 2016 5:34 AM MDT