Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » WHAT IF the tide turns and women become more powerful than men? What happens then? Will women become the users and men the usees?

WHAT IF the tide turns and women become more powerful than men? What happens then? Will women become the users and men the usees?

Posted - November 28, 2017

Responses

This all seems rather disingenuous.  Aren't we designed for each other?  To utilize each other?  Do you see yourself as powerless?  I don't.  And part of my power lies in being able to "use" and "be used" I would guess we "use" men as much as they "use" us.  If you want to put it that way.  For me its a matter of respect - do we respect those we use?  But we don't exist in a vacuum.  We exist for use and we want to be of use - of all kinds!
      November 28, 2017 5:36 AM MST

Interesting response. Thank you for your reply.
      November 28, 2017 5:43 AM MST

• I was going to attempt an answer, but you were on target and as they say in Roberts' Rules of Order. I yield my time  to the lady who has the floor. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at November 28, 2017 10:30 AM MST
      November 28, 2017 6:00 AM MST

In some ways, women have always been more powerful than men.  They run the household, raise the children, handle most of the family finances and make many decisions relating to the family. 

If you mean when women become more powerful in business and politics, there is always the possibility that power will corrupt them, the same as it may corrupt men.  On the other hand, there is always the possibility that women in higher positions in politics and business will create a better atmosphere in which we can all thrive.  Let's find out. 

Happy Tuesday. :)
      November 28, 2017 10:34 AM MST

If that is the state of things with women in "power" then the women have become men and lost the battle and the war.

Things need a new language and men's definitions of what's important must be the first thing extinguished.

What is important?  Character, integrity, vows, your word, what words mean, meditative states, time to think before we need act.  Money not being the focus.  Education concerning human values needs to be incorporated.  This world is ill.  It is so sick it does not even recognize what wellness is any longer.

We do not need to copy what men have shown to be the WRONG  path.

November 28, 2017 10:38 AM MST