Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Every child is a VICTIM. Kids have no say in their DNA/where they live/whom their parents are/what they eat/what they wear. Is that FAIR?

Every child is a VICTIM. Kids have no say in their DNA/where they live/whom their parents are/what they eat/what they wear. Is that FAIR?

They are told what to do, what to say, what to  believe, whom  to hate, whom to love, whom to emulate, whom to vilify, whom to accept, whom to reject, whom to attack, whom to insult, whom to denigrate.  By the time they are grown they are mini-me's reflecting exactly what their parents are. Some escape. Most don't. Pity them. They are shaped by others without being consulted.  :(

Posted - December 1, 2017

Responses

So taking care of our children, feeding, clothing and teaching them is victimizing them?  That is a new one. 
    I guess I will go "victimize" my sons by telling them to get ready for school. Shame on me.
      December 1, 2017 5:28 AM MST

ROTFLMAO!!!!
      December 1, 2017 5:45 AM MST

Morning Rosie. I believe what you described above is all a mater of perspective. No, I had no choice in who my parents were: but I was fortunate enough to have great parents. They taught me to question things respectfully. I was taught to treat others the way I wanted to be treated. I was encouraged to challenge myself. I did the same with my own. I'm not a victim, I am victorios. It really is a matter of perspective. Have a great day. This post was edited by SA (SuperA) at December 2, 2017 2:08 AM MST
      December 1, 2017 7:28 AM MST

Not everyone is as lucky as you are sweetie. Look around you. See what kind of adults former children have become. Cold, heartless, greedy, selfish. They didn't do it alone. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday SA! :)
      December 2, 2017 2:09 AM MST

My parents told me to stop horsing around so I didn't break anymore bones and teeth. How dare they!
      December 1, 2017 7:36 PM MST