Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » A "Being There" movie question?

A "Being There" movie question?

(Inspired from another aM question/image)

Without spoiling the plot/movie with the details, if you have seen "Being There," do you, like I, find it to have one of the greatest endings to a movie you've seen?

:)

Posted - December 1, 2017

Responses

Welby, that movie is one of my favorites.  I never get tired of it even though it's a bit dated now.  To answer your question, absolutely positively a resounding YES!  
      December 1, 2017 4:22 PM MST

Thanks for answering. Harry!
    I really like that movie a lot, too.
    And that ending . . . it just stopped me in my tracks.
    :)
      December 1, 2017 6:37 PM MST

Hi Welby.  I remember thinking when it was first released, it was such a beautiful and perfect ending.  I miss Peter Sellers.
      December 2, 2017 6:50 AM MST

I get chills simply thinking about the ending to the movie. For me, it was such -- yes, like you said, Harry - - a beautiful and perfect ending to everything that led up to that moment.
    His performance in that movie alone would make me a fan, though I also liked him in "Dr. Strangelove." (What a wild movie that is --  and another practically perfect ending! Ha!)
      December 2, 2017 1:32 PM MST

He was fantastic in Dr Strangelove!  But, honestly, I think Being There was really his finest performance.  Welby, since you asked this question, you've made me think of another one.  I'm PMing you with it so you can ask it.  I won't steal it from you. :-)  
      December 2, 2017 1:55 PM MST