Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Will people PLEASE get off Rosie's back?

Will people PLEASE get off Rosie's back?

Yes, she asks a lot of questions. Some are tedious and/or repetitive. Others thought-provoking or just plain fun. JA hasn't imposed a daily question limit. 
At least she's not posting unanswerable twaddle about trash bags, or filling up notification boxes with pointless, non-committal answers.

Posted - December 1, 2017

Responses

Agreed
      December 1, 2017 6:38 PM MST

DITTO!!!!
      December 1, 2017 6:43 PM MST

Who's Rosie? Where are these interesting trashbag questions?
      December 1, 2017 6:44 PM MST

For a second I thought you were talking about Rosie O'Donnell.
    Anyway, if our Rosie gets on my nerves, I simply move past her questions and look for others. But sometimes she does have good questions mixed up in there so I would dig for those.
      December 1, 2017 7:05 PM MST

Bingo. I answer quite a few, but nowhere near all of them.
      December 1, 2017 7:14 PM MST

It would be nice if she got off us Trump supporters back also.
      December 1, 2017 7:27 PM MST

After having a lengthy discussion with her, I truly believe that Rosie has no interest in changing anyone else's opinions, she is simply driven to share her own thoughts. 

I'm pretty sure that most of us know by now that Trump supporters won't change their opinion of him, even when the autopsy results show that he's been suffering from debilitating brain disease. Unless maybe Ben Carson performs the autopsy and Mike Pence announces that Jesus personally confirmed it. :)
      December 2, 2017 5:16 AM MST

Not even then will they change their opinion. 
      December 2, 2017 9:58 AM MST

A Trump supporter is a "a breed apart and we should not try to understand them."  (One of Hawkeye's lines in The Last of the Mohicans on an admittedly different topic.)

They are a relatively new species that possibly involves the phylogenetic scale and may, like the lion fish, prove deleterious to more valued species.

So far, it appears dangerous to let Trump supporters run wild.
      December 2, 2017 2:09 PM MST

• From what I've seen, she gets back what she gives out.
      December 1, 2017 7:58 PM MST

Since its just a matter of time until this all gets deleted anyway, lets call a spade a spade.

The problem isn’t primarily with the number of Rosie’s questions, its about the ceaseless political soapbox, trolling for confirmation bias and her frequently vindictive retorts, if she bothers to respond at all. Raise your hand if you‘ve never seen any of this. 

Perhaps it doesn’t bother anyone that everyone else’s questions are lost in the sea of daily blather flowing from our friend, but wouldn’t it be nice to not have your efforts scrolled past while avoiding said blather. 

I agree entirely with the point about the tiresome trash-bag drivel, and the useless, “I don’t really know”, noncommittal stuff. 
    Just saying. This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 2, 2017 6:24 AM MST
      December 1, 2017 8:22 PM MST

Still beats the spam on Blurtit for me though.
      December 2, 2017 2:12 PM MST

Yep, sad what is happening there. 
      December 2, 2017 2:55 PM MST

• I like Rosie G's questions.
    They're kinda how I get my news in the morning. LoL!

Honestly, I think she's pretty smart or else it would get on my nerves.
    She has a lot of interesting questions.
    Definitely more than I could come up with and honestly I was on this site back when it was really slow.
    I would way rather have too many questions to sort through than too little.
    That's far worst in my opinion.
    Thanks.

December 1, 2017 9:50 PM MST

If you were applying to work for me and I saw this answer, you would not be hired.  
      December 1, 2017 10:16 PM MST

• I have a job already.
      December 2, 2017 1:46 PM MST

I think that if you don't want to answer her questions, you should just scroll by them.  Constantly whining about how many she posts or the subject matter is just like banging your heads against the wall.  Trust me - it feels good when you stop.
      December 1, 2017 10:00 PM MST

• I think what some people have issue with , is she does  ask the majority of the questions on this site. So new people answer her questions,  because is what they see. If she doesn't like the way someone answers, she can come across very rude. It DOES  turn people off this site. I know many people who tried this site and left because of interactions with her... 
      December 1, 2017 10:20 PM MST

Frankly, people leave sites for all sorts of different reasons and if they are so thin-skinned as to leave because of ONE person that's their prerogative.  I'm sure there are people who leave because of all the silly stuff on here.  No one is stopping anyone from asking their own questions.  Fact of the matter is that no matter how much you complain, you aren't changing her behavior. 
      December 2, 2017 12:38 AM MST

• I am not trying to change her behaviour. Also, I agree people leave sites for many reasons. I'm aware anyone on here who spent more then a few months here  then left , have left for other reasons. I am just saying, I know for a fact, because I do... people who only try this site out for a few  days then leave, IS because of her and her "what some consider spamming" 

December 2, 2017 12:46 AM MST

I understand.  They have the same problem on another site I'm on - they don't like one of the mods and a couple of rude posters and they're gone. 
      December 2, 2017 9:56 AM MST

I admire that Rosie is doing what she needs to do for herself, without regard for others. I can't personally imagine doing that, and I'm not sure that it is in the best interest of society as a whole, but I'm sure that it serves her well. 
      December 2, 2017 5:06 AM MST

Rosie doesn't need you to defend her. She has shown she is perfectly capable of of speaking for herself. She has also made it clear that she knows exactly what effect she is having on the site and either doesn't care or is doing it deliberately and enjoys the reactions.  As Rosie advises, if you see comments you don't like, just ignore them. 
      December 2, 2017 5:46 AM MST

I have never been on her back.

So, this doesn't apply to me.  I answer her.  When she has something great to say, which is plenty of times, I applaud her.

When she doesn't, I tell her what I think.  I never would try and give her something she cannot handle.

I am pro-Rosie most of the time.  When I am not, I tell her why. 

I actually think it is more the fault of the site rather than the person who writes the questions.

If there was a better queue than that 10 question wonder we have on the side, maybe people wouldn't get so upset about so many questions of Rosie's.

December 2, 2017 10:04 AM MST