Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can a chef for religious reasons refuse to let his food be eaten by a gay couple? Where do you draw the line? Where IS the line?

Can a chef for religious reasons refuse to let his food be eaten by a gay couple? Where do you draw the line? Where IS the line?

A baker doesn't want to bake and sell a wedding cake to a gay couple. Religious reasons. So how far do you extend that? A car wash won't wash their car? A library won't allow them to get Library Cards? A school administrator won't allow them to attend school? A car dealer won't sell them a car. All for religious reasons? Seriously folks isn't that kinda riddikilus?

Posted - December 5, 2017

Responses

Well, I am thinking about Chick Fil A and their stand against gays.

They are still going strong.

Lots of homophobic hater chicken lovers who also love God and know he is on their side.

I don't know about your God, but I would stay clear of any God who feels it is a good idea to discriminate and hate people who have different lovers than you do.

I think that shoving tormented chickens into a slaughterhouse is not God's idea of heaven either.
      December 5, 2017 12:46 PM MST

We don't patronize Chick Fil A or Papa John's or Hobby Lobby or any other establishment that is anti human being unless the human being is white straight Anglo-Saxon.  SIGH. The world used to make sense. There used to be common sense, sensible. Now it is ignorance and nonsense that rules. Here comes another question. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Sharon.
      December 6, 2017 3:35 AM MST

He should try refusing to do halal or kosher food. 
      December 5, 2017 3:13 PM MST

I suppose that goes right along with being dogmatic doesn't it? Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Wednesday.
      December 6, 2017 3:35 AM MST