Active Now

Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Do all Jews HATE Palestinians and support 100% anything the Netanyahoo wants to do? Any of you feel any pity for Palestininans? Why ?

Do all Jews HATE Palestinians and support 100% anything the Netanyahoo wants to do? Any of you feel any pity for Palestininans? Why ?

Posted - December 7, 2017

Responses

I have no idea what is going on there.  I confess.  I'm learning as we speak.

And I am not Jewish so I cannot speak for all Jewish people. 

Anti-Zionism is opposition to Zionism. The term is broadly defined in the modern era as the opposition to the ethnonationalist and political movement of Jews and Jewish culture that supports the establishment of a Jewish state as a Jewish homeland in the territory defined as the historic Land of Israel (also referred to as Palestine, Canaan, or the Holy Land). Anti-Zionism is also defined as opposition to the modern State of Israel as defined as a Jewish and democratic state.

The term is used to describe various religious, moral and political points of view, but their diversity of motivation and expression is sufficiently different that "anti-Zionism" cannot be seen as having a single ideology or source. There is also a difference between and how it is discussed philosophically and how it is enacted within a political or social campaign.[1] Many notable Jewish and non-Jewish sources take the view that anti-Zionism has become a cover for modern-day antisemitism, a position that critics have challenged as a tactic to silence criticism of Israeli policies. Others, such as Steven M. Cohen, Brian Klug[2] and Todd Gitlin, see no correlation between the two.[3]

Neturei Karta, a religious group of Haredi Jews and sometimes described as fringe,[4][5] publicly oppose Zionism and criticize Israeli occupation.[6][7][8] This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 7, 2017 5:36 AM MST
      December 7, 2017 5:34 AM MST