Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Ever say to anyone "get over it"? Did he/she comply or double down and get energized? Is advising others of how to act ever wise?

Ever say to anyone "get over it"? Did he/she comply or double down and get energized? Is advising others of how to act ever wise?

Posted - December 7, 2017

Responses

• Yes.   Soe people need to get a grip, get over it, and shut the F up.  If they can't then they need to go find a corner and talk to themselves because no one wants to listen to it.
      December 7, 2017 6:51 AM MST

I did just a few minutes ago. And I am alone. (hint)
      December 7, 2017 8:30 AM MST

I am cracking up over here.  Does this mean you told yourself to get over it?  Did you double down on yourself or did you get over it?  Both, perhaps?  You are too funny.
    Or, is this between you and Rosie G or Glis?  
    If so, I'll butt-out... However,  can you see how your answer could be construed by me?!!  
    Big smiles!! This post was edited by Merlin at December 7, 2017 4:24 PM MST
      December 7, 2017 4:19 PM MST

Nope...not me nor you.
      December 7, 2017 4:24 PM MST

Rosie, what a great way to write that!!  Very good in the writing department :)
    Yes, I have.  Yes, they have on both got over it and doubled down.  Sometimes, they've done that on the same thing they needed to get over and in that order :)
    No. I have found it isn't in anyone's best interest to advise people how to act unless they ask for your help or opinion.  That doesn't mean I still don't do it... but normally it doesn't turn out well for either one of us.  ;)
      December 7, 2017 4:16 PM MST

((hugs)) Hi sweetie! Thank you for the compliment.There are so many folks out there who tell you what to say, what to think or what not to say and what not to think just because they disagree. Who the he** do they think they are? Pompous A**es is what they are. We are all wired differently. We see things differently. I don't tell others what or how to think. I neither have nor want that right. What makes them think they have a right to tell me what to write/think/say/do?  But they do it all the time. They want everyone to be just like them. AARRGGHH! No way Jose/Josette!  If I ask for help or the opinion of others I'm receptive to whatever they have to say. However if they just arrogantly give it I shall always reject it and them. It is what it is and I am who I am. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday Merlin! :) ((hugs)) Oh I just felt like giving you double hugs today!
      December 8, 2017 4:27 AM MST

If I never said it to you I meant to.
      December 7, 2017 7:19 PM MST

•   December 7, 2017 7:25 PM MST