Active Now

Shuhak
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » It doesn't matter how distinguished and honorable one's past history is. What matters is what he/she is NOW. Right?

It doesn't matter how distinguished and honorable one's past history is. What matters is what he/she is NOW. Right?

You might have been a hero once upon a time. You are now working against your own country's best interests to enrich yourself and others like you. What you are now is all that exists. Before? That was then this is now. Sad how low the formerly honorable can go isn't it? Humans are adaptable/adjustable/flexible in all areas...especially morality. It is what it is. Isn't it?

Posted - December 7, 2017

Responses

If the person has made restitution and has proven he/she has changed?  Then and only then is it right to forgive.

I remember this crazed, drug-fueled woman in Texas, I think who killed a few people while very high, with an ax.  It was horrific and disgusting.  Especially when she loudly exclaimed to anyone around that it made her have an orgasm to kill that way.

Well, this creature totally transformed in jail.  She was not on drugs and began to pray in earnest.

She was amazing how she transformed.  She never asked to be released. She accepted her situation and knew she was guilty and did not fight it.  She was put to death.

The amazing thing was how many people were affected by her.  Everyone who knew her in the prison loved her and fought to have her death sentence lifted.  To no avail.  She went willingly and joyfully and knew in her heart she would see Jesus.

So, in that case?  She was not even the person who committed those crimes and did transform.

TRUMP ?

He has no clue.  Never will and never can change.  He is mental and stuck and can see nothing but his own reflection.

Aftermath

In the year following her execution, conservative commentator Tucker Carlson questioned Governor George W. Bush about how the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles had arrived at the determination on her clemency plea. Carlson alleged that Bush, alluding to a televised interview which Karla Faye Tucker had given to talk show host Larry King, smirked and spoke mockingly about her.[31] A full-length movie was released in 2004 about the life of Tucker entitled Forevermore starring actress Karen Jezek.[32]

The captain of the "Death House Team," Fred Allen, was interviewed by Werner Herzog for the 2011 documentary Into the Abyss. Within days after Tucker's execution, one of over 120 he managed, he suffered an emotional breakdown. He resigned his job, giving up his pension, and changed his position on the death penalty. "I was pro capital punishment. After Karla Faye and after all this, until this day, eleven years later, no sir. Nobody has the right to take another life. I don't care if it's the law. And it's so easy to change the law."[citation needed] This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 7, 2017 6:12 AM MST
      December 7, 2017 6:07 AM MST