Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » FIRES! WINDS! & more FIRE! I'm surrounded by them. It's very sad and frightening. Are you and your animals prepared?

FIRES! WINDS! & more FIRE! I'm surrounded by them. It's very sad and frightening. Are you and your animals prepared?

Posted - December 7, 2017

Responses

Those fires are HORRIBLE.

Thank the lord I am nowhere near.

But that doesn't stop me from worrying about everyone who is near.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your animals.  Be well.  Please.
      December 7, 2017 9:13 AM MST

Thank you Sharronna's PREZ is ODIOUS.  I/we appreciate it very much.  Love, Merlin
      December 7, 2017 9:39 AM MST

This show used to entertain me and when I see your name I think of this.
      December 7, 2017 9:46 AM MST

• Stay safe J :) I need you around to do shots with ;)
      December 7, 2017 9:43 AM MST

CHEERS!  Let's do one together right now...
    Bottom's Up!!

Thanks for the shots and Thoughts Jaimie!  :D :D (Us with our mouths open doing our shots!!) :)  Love, Merlin
      December 7, 2017 3:46 PM MST

• Cheers ;)
      December 7, 2017 3:58 PM MST

What would I do without you to keep me sane?  (()) and loves, always!
      December 7, 2017 4:05 PM MST

• Love you too:) but if I'm the voice of sanity here ... we're both in trouble ;p 
      December 7, 2017 4:07 PM MST

Huge Giggles!!  
    Just keep the shots comin' and playin' and I'll make it through this!!
      December 7, 2017 4:12 PM MST

• I know you will :) SHOTS! Double shots! 
      December 7, 2017 4:13 PM MST

I had no idea you were near these fires Merlin!  Are you thinking of evacuating?  Have you been warned to?  Please stay safe.  
      December 7, 2017 10:31 AM MST

Indeed.  The power of the winds, especially at our house is insane.  2 nights ago we had a gust that was 72 mph and it lasted.  Our whole house has been shaking on and off throughout the nights and days (right now to be precise.)  The Sylmar fire is about 8 miles from us.  From where and how our house sits, we can see it coming. We are on the "Ready, Set, Go" warning.  The winds are spuratic (sp?)and twirl in all directions.  It makes it really hard to get a grasp on the fires because they can't track where they are going to go.  They're jumping all over the place. The smoke is nauseating and the ash terrible.  
    It is really frightening when you see the devastation. Horses, dogs, cats, fish, iguanas, and people, not to mention all the wildlife are pretty frantic right now.  Thanks for asking Harry.  Please be sure Harry and you are prepared.  I wouldn't want anything to ever happen to you.  Love, Merlin
      December 7, 2017 3:56 PM MST

Thank you honey.  I'm not in any danger.  I am worried about YOU though.  Please make sure you are packed up with the things you need & want, and be ready to move at a moments notice. :-(
      December 7, 2017 5:15 PM MST

I'm nowhere near it. 

December 7, 2017 3:22 PM MST

Prepared?  Prepared for what?  Why haven't you removed yourself from that situation?
      December 7, 2017 7:11 PM MST

You should get out now - don't wait for the fire to be at your back door.  The way the winds are spreading the flames, you may not have time to get out before it's too late.  Besides, you don't need to be inhaling all that schmutz!
      December 7, 2017 8:30 PM MST