Active Now

Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Are people who are really sure about life just people who haven't experienced enough life to know better?

Are people who are really sure about life just people who haven't experienced enough life to know better?

As I get older and have more experiences I've learned that you really don't understand anything until you've been on both sides of it an then you realize what the other person that you judged was thinking and feeling and it then helps you to understand that not everything that we think is wrong, is wrong and not everything that we think is right, is right.
Sometimes it depends on your perspective and there are a ton of factors involved in some situations.
The more experiences I have the more I realize that most things in life are not cut and dry.
Some people think that they know everything that is right and wrong.
Hell, even society thinks it knows everything that is right and wrong, but the truth is that most people will never explore life enough to understand that we currently understand very little.
Have you had any experiences that led you to realizations like that?

Posted - December 7, 2017

Responses

• Yes , if you mean... have I ever judged someone for their actions before being in a similar situation, then once in same situation,  do the same freakin' thing. :) wish not to go into details though. 
      December 7, 2017 2:22 PM MST

• That's exactly what I mean.
      December 7, 2017 3:22 PM MST

• I understand :) Easy to see things as black and white, right and wrong, until you wander into grey area yourself. Doesn't mean your a bad person though, just human :)
      December 7, 2017 3:59 PM MST

• And the grey area can get really f__kin confusing right?
    I start to feel like the person in the wrong can be right and the person in the right can be wrong depending on how they react in the situation and if it's wrong to love someone in a situation because it goes against what's thought to be right then is love wrong?
    I think love is always right and so the situation must be wrong.
    Right?
      December 7, 2017 4:07 PM MST

• Éxactly :) .... I think, lol :)
      December 7, 2017 4:09 PM MST

• The shoe is on the hand it fits, there's really nothing much to it
    Whistle through your teeth and spit.... 'cause it's alright
    Oh well, a touch of grey .....kinda suits you anyway
    And that was all I had to say and.... it's alright
      December 7, 2017 4:28 PM MST

• That's what I meant when I told him, exactly. 
      December 7, 2017 4:33 PM MST

• Somebody really should feed that dog though.
      December 7, 2017 4:44 PM MST

• I have no idea what that means:)
      December 7, 2017 4:50 PM MST

•   December 7, 2017 5:03 PM MST

• I think I get what you mean by "Enjoying the ride" because nothing else really makes sense anyway.
    You have to enjoy the moments in life.

There's consequences, but if you died really old having played it safe, did you ever really live?

I might cause problems by doing the "Wrong" thing with the right person, but are they really my fault?
    Would they have happened anyway?

I better sleep on it.
    Thanks for the input. : )
      December 7, 2017 4:47 PM MST

• More or less.   Yep.
      December 7, 2017 5:02 PM MST

That sounds just about right.
      December 7, 2017 3:02 PM MST

• I don't know crap about life or it's reasons.   I don';t find much reason to try and figure them out.   All those answers are really only learned on the death bed I figure and that's inevitable so....  Just enjoying the ride.
      December 7, 2017 3:08 PM MST

Life is a fluid situation. If we learn nothing else about this brief miracle of consciousnes, it should be this. What we “knew“ in the past may no longer be the whole story now.
    None of us can live long enough to fully understand everything. I think it serves us well to gain a WORKABLE understanding of as many things that affect our lives as we can.

A closed mind is of no real benefit to anyone, a sad trait of those who are intolerant of change, or worse, of reality. This, I believe, is the description of a dinosaur. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at December 7, 2017 3:24 PM MST
      December 7, 2017 3:12 PM MST