Active Now

Pet Eater
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I just called an ambulance for a lady who has dementia whose husband just had a stroke. Why are the elderly left alone like this???!!

I just called an ambulance for a lady who has dementia whose husband just had a stroke. Why are the elderly left alone like this???!!

Posted - December 8, 2017

Responses

In Los Angeles there has been more than one case of the elderly homeless being dropped off on the street.  Once released from the hospital the ambulance takes them to downtown and opens the door and lets them go. One was still in her hospital gown.  Many are still very sick.  I would like to see the money we have been spending on healthy immigrants go to the homeless children, elderly and sick people. We have needs right here in this country, right now.  Keep some of the billions we send elsewhere and use it to help our own people.  Make this country stronger. 
      December 8, 2017 8:43 AM MST

See this is the PROBLEM with America and Americans.  We have TRILLIONS. We don't have BILLIONS we have TRILLIONS.

There is not one reason on EARTH why we cannot do BOTH.  The elderly are throwaway people unless they have clout.

And the elderly don't have any means to fight anyone if they have mental issues.

This is insane. We are a country that is throwing away our people for no reason on earth except we don't care?

I care.  Why doesn't the President speak on issues like this instead of photo-ops showing him throwing out paper towels to the less fortunate in a hurricane.

Thanks, Sun, for  answering.  This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 8, 2017 12:00 PM MST
      December 8, 2017 8:47 AM MST

It's so sad. My poor old grandma lives way over in California far away from the rest of he family, but we at least put her in a home for the elderly and she has made plenty of friends at the church that she hangs out with. It seems they're treating her well over there.
      December 8, 2017 6:29 PM MST