Active Now

Pet Eater
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are Sociopaths/Psychopaths born or formed that way after birth? Are they like that in the womb? A bomb waiting to explode?

Are Sociopaths/Psychopaths born or formed that way after birth? Are they like that in the womb? A bomb waiting to explode?

Posted - December 10, 2017

Responses

• Nobody is born evil. We are a product of our environment.
      December 10, 2017 2:36 AM MST

You forget DNA. At conception that specific to you DNA template forms all of us and stays with all of us our entire lives. You cannot escape it. Thank you for your reply Gk and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 10, 2017 2:38 AM MST

• Hope you have a great day too. I don’t think human behaviour is genetic at all. All children cry, all children want to be loved. Lack of empathy is a defence mechanism for self preservation.
      December 10, 2017 2:51 AM MST

I totally and completely disagree with thee m'dear but so what, right? We are certainly entitled to our opinions. I think EVERYTHING is genetic. There are genetic predispositions for certain diseases. When I was a kid I looked a lot like my mom did when she was kid.  I see myself in my mom and dad for different things/predispositions/preferences/prejudices too, to be honest with you. I am definitely the specific child of those specific parents. That does not occur ONLY from nurture. Nature is the controller and the driver methinks. Some kids were predisposed to pulling cats' tails and ripping off the wings of butterflies. Some kids found that deplorable/horrible/disgusting. Genetics/DNA at work. It is said that children who are cruel to animals are predisposed to become murderers as adults. Lack of empathy/sympathy/caring is a hallmark of a sociopath. Cruelty showing up at a young age is not a good thing. Thank you for your reply Gk! :)
      December 10, 2017 4:15 AM MST