Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » When something good happens do you feel lucky or blessed? When something bad happens do you feel unlucky or cursed?

When something good happens do you feel lucky or blessed? When something bad happens do you feel unlucky or cursed?

I was talking to someone about finding God and I said that I felt lucky to have found my faith. He said “ You weren’t lucky, you were blessed.” Luck suggests that it was random and not part of God’s plan. He was right, it had nothing to do with luck.

Posted - December 10, 2017

Responses

Good and bad do not matter.  Happiness is a joy between two sorrows.  Sorrow is a pain between two joys.

So, why cling to one or the other.  They are just passing events.  Look, instead to the meaning behind the events.   Look instead to the challenge of being grateful no matter what. 

December 10, 2017 7:57 AM MST

for me
    Life is a blessing
    and all movement within
    this life is a blessing
    so I am very Lucky...haha
      December 10, 2017 9:32 AM MST

Q "When something good happens do you feel lucky or blessed? When something bad happens do you feel unlucky or cursed?
    I was talking to someone about finding God and I said that I felt lucky to have found my faith. He said “ You weren’t lucky, you were blessed.” Luck suggests that it was random and not part of God’s plan. He was right, it had nothing to do with luck."

It's possible to look at the "good" as a reward for, or result of, your effort. The "bad" can be seen as an experience to learn from. 
      December 13, 2017 3:43 PM MST

• You’re right. it’s because my parents made the effort to have me christened when I was a child
      December 13, 2017 3:55 PM MST

So you've seen that effort produces results. Maybe if you put even more effort you'll find even more yourself. As Jesus said “Ask, and it will be given to you….. For everyone who asks receives” 
      December 13, 2017 4:53 PM MST

When something good happens, I am in the right place at the right time.
    When something bad happens I am in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    It has nothing to do with luck good or bad.
      December 13, 2017 4:53 PM MST

we play no part at all? our evaluations, choices and efforts are of no consequence? sure?
      December 13, 2017 4:58 PM MST

Being in the right place or the wrong place is playing our part.
    We don't know what will happen either way. Sometimes we bring it on ourselves and sometimes we don't.
      December 13, 2017 5:56 PM MST

TY LM Perhaps it's a mixture of both. Maybe more food for further thought.
      December 14, 2017 9:54 AM MST