Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Of these two choices, which is worse: live to be twice your current age with enough money to enjoy comfort and style but have aging problems

Of these two choices, which is worse: live to be twice your current age with enough money to enjoy comfort and style but have aging problems

commiserate with your age, or live to be twice your current age with the best physical condition you've ever been in from now until death, but be destitute financially from today to the end of your life?
~

Posted - December 11, 2017

Responses

Lets make this simpler. Rich and in poor health or poor in good health. I choose poor in good health. A healthy body is priceless. Just ask people who are dying. This post was edited by O-uknow at December 11, 2017 10:38 PM MST
      December 11, 2017 10:17 PM MST

COMMENSURATE, not commiserate.  I choose healthy but poor.  Quality of life is more important than quantity. 
      December 11, 2017 10:30 PM MST

• "In good health, but poor."
      December 11, 2017 10:38 PM MST

• How destitute would I be? Are we talking homeless? Healthy as can be but living under a tarp? Or a falling apart trailer with no utilities? Hard call, this will take some thought.
      December 11, 2017 10:54 PM MST